My Stupid Mistake

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Stupid Mistake

Post #1

Well as you all know i colect pictures and schematics every time i see one and i sort them to folders. i have been doing this for 3 years and well last-night i forgot to save this 5gig folder off my drive and well NOW IM

Because i lost 3 years worth of pictures files schematics and other things. So now i'm SCREWED and must start all over.

PLAN to never do this GET A DVD-r burner : O )

SNIFF SNIFF

For any one that also wants to know. I collect for my hobby and for reference. i collect all pictures and stuff for idea's also. i've been doing it for many years and well i just lost it all.. most of all i miss all peter Daniel's photos that i kept and others too..

So if any one wants to share there schematics please email them to me or ask me for another way...

If i had a dvd-r-w i would have backed it up long time ago. since it was a big folder.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
JasonL said:
Because i lost 3 years worth of pictures files schematics and other things. So now i'm SCREWED and must start all over.

Jason, take a look at this brilliant piece of software: http://www.runtime.org/ GetDataBack for FAT or NTFS.
There's a good chance that you can retrieve a lot of your stuff with this tool. Good luck and keep us informed. Meanwhile, try to read and write as less as possible on your drive.

/Hugo

First of all it is not a windows os or fat 32 or ntfs it is mac HFS. And second what i did was saved all my data then burned it to cd then used panther cleaned the drive and installed a fresh copy of panther. then i realized i didn't back up the sub folder to my document's : O ( but it is all ok now i sold the computer and started all over. Now i have a dvd-r and will be more Cautious : O )

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yep if you don't have it any more it would make it pretty hard to try and restore anything :)

Been a long time since I used a mac (like 1987) not familiar with their filesystem structure, but it wouldn't suprise me if a format did a lot more than the pathetic job windoze does.......

Hard lesson to have to learn but I on the upside It means you have a lot more collecting to do now :)

Regards,

Tony.

ALso mean's to a regular back up : O ) one every 2 weeks of the email and once a mont of the drive. : O ) since i'm paying for my new apple g4 power book AWWWW YEAH a 1.25 gig with 1gig memory and a dvd-r and back lit keyboard ect ect. : O ) cant wait to open it on xmas morning : O )

MY PREZ'y TO MY SELF

Im sitting here thinking of a domain name to buy any one got any idea's

other than silver sliver

jleaman said:
My Stupid Mistake

Post #1

Well as you all know i colect pictures and schematics every time i see one and i sort them to folders. i have been doing this for 3 years and well last-night i forgot to save this 5gig folder off my drive and well NOW IM

PLAN to never do this GET A DVD-r burner : O )

SNIFF SNIFF

No need to start all over again. You haven't lost anything. All you have to do is use data recovery software. It will recover all your files and folders from your drive. I know one such software its called
Stellar Phoenix FAT & NTFS

It will recover all your lost files and folders. All you have to do is to download the demo version from the site http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm.
Demo version will show you the recovered data.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.