Raytheon patent weaponized sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I glanced through the patent in the OP. Wow, they're doing approvals in less than a year? My patents (okay, Schlumberger's patents with me listed as the co-inventor) issued in 1999 took over two years from filing.

The patent appears to be all about the interface and control and stuff, and the actual device that generates the sound appears to be a black box. This is just judging from the figures, there's an awful lot of text and I only skimmed it.

But the Wikipedia article in post #5 makes me think of what I would call "phased array sound generation" with a bunch of high-SPL drivers, each driven by a (probably Class D) amplifier and all controlled by DSP. This could generate and direct a movable spot of very high SPL sound without even moving the "antenna."

I glanced through the patent in the OP. Wow, they're doing approvals in less than a year? My patents (okay, Schlumberger's patents with me listed as the co-inventor) issued in 1999 took over two years from filing.

No such luck. I have an application filed in mid 2008 that's still in the examiner's docket. Already granted in South Africa, but the US is quite backlogged.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.