Need small cheap tuner/amp for a pair of speakers, ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking for something small to run a pair of outdoor speakers by a bench in front of our shop. It doesn't have to have any kind of exceptional sound quality or anything just be cheap, have a radio tuner built in, and a remote would be nice too. The bench out front is just a place for customers to sit and wait for their cars and enjoy the weather (or their cigarette :/ )

It will be inside so it doesn't have to be waterproof or anything.

I havent been able to find anything less than $100, I think the boss would be happy with $40-50.

Any ideas?

Factory car radio? You can get cheap 12V switching supplies off eBay. Search on 12V and 3A, say, "buy it now" and sort by cheapest price plus shipping.
It shouldn't be hard to find an old stereo receiver for next to nothing. Yard sales, thrift stores, recycling yards. Or an obsolete (non-HDMI) AV receiver.

It needs only have a few watts at most for output, so the smallest stereo receiver at Best Buy should work.

Look for stereo receivers on Craigs list for next to nothing.

Your local pawn shop probably has a few to chose from, and perhaps even local repair shops might have abandoned repaired units for cheap.

WHy does it have to have a remote? Can;t the unit sit behind your counter or on a shelf somewhere within reach? Speaker wire losses won;t be an issue, it isn;t like you need to send 1000 watts down 400 foot runs or anything.

Like the car radio idea, didn't think of that. Had a few laying around too haha. Oh well, we ended up getting a cheap little desk stereo with external speakers from Walmart for like $40. I cut the RCA ends off of the speakers and attached them to my wires. Worked great. It also came with a remote.

Thanks for all the suggestions guy.
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.