Solution to redundancy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There have been a few threads here lately that deal with FAQs and their redundancy. This is taxing to us all I agree. How about two new sections. A troubleshooting section with the thread starter listing the model # of the device with the problem, and the requirement that the final fix be posted. There are plenty of threads that don't list the final fix because the author doesn't bother. This section could start with a search engine to ensure that redundancy is kept to a minimum. The same with FAQs. Start with a search engine and if nothing is found then you would be allowed to post. This will at least allow a member who cannot or wants to avoid this aspect a fair opportunity to do so, and at the same time not become a burden on the resources of the board or it's moderators(grey: notice I used the plural).:cool:

A Troubleshooting Forum might be useful, but with the disclaimer up front that 1) It's damned difficult to fix something that you can't see, feel, smell, or touch. 2) Due to #1, there should be a notice that it's real easy to get burned out on trying to help someone with a problem, and not to hammer people to solve your problems for you. 3) If you have a problem circuit, the people who take the time to suggest possible fixes are simply in an advisory mode, it's up to you to use your noodle and actually get the job done.
I know that if I can't hit the problem in the first four or five tries, I turn it over to someone else and go on to the next thing. It's frustrating enough to have to fix something when you're able to get your hands on it, but if you can't see it, it's exponentially worse.

Grey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.