Kyocera 710CX CD player - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th October 2011, 09:56 PM   #1
ODougbo is offline ODougbo  United States
diyAudio Member

Question Kyocera 710CX CD player

Does anyone know what screw size is used for transport a vintage Kyocera CD player?

There was a small screw that went in the transport mechanism that I lost and need to ship it.
Old 27th October 2011, 10:36 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

That's a darn obscure question.

There are two screws holding a sliding plastic clamp on the bottom of the unit that locks the transport. The screws are designed to bind up on removal, so they shouldn't fall out or be lost to begin with. If you don't have the plastic piece, the screws may not help you. That said, the screws are M3x0.5 with a length of 10 mm under the head (9.6 mm measured) Truthfully, this doesn't sound like the answer to the question you asked, but I don't know of any other small screws involved in transporting the unit. The plastic piece acts, I think, as a spacer when you lock up the transport, so it doesn't bottom out flat to the chassis. I'm not sure if you can lock it up without damage without the plastic piece, but it would certainly be destroyed if not locked for shipment.

Last edited by Conrad Hoffman; 27th October 2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: clarify
Old 27th October 2011, 11:38 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Unhappy Plastic Piece

Conrad,

I think you hit the nail on the head, there may have been a plastic piece - now that you remind me. (It's been 20 years)

I hate moving it, there is something in there bumps around alot when it is moved. A nice sounding player though ~ thanks.

btw, I have the box and the foam packing blocks, no plastic piece.

Last edited by ODougbo; 27th October 2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: btw
Old 28th October 2011, 01:19 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

It is a darn fine sounding player, giving anything today a run for its money. If you can find some plastic strips the width of the slots, maybe 1/16 inch thick, drill a hole near the end, then slide them in to act as a washer between the internal guts and the chassis bottom when you install the screws (gently). IMO, the original red plastic piece was way more complicated than the task requires. You just want something that you can hold on to so it can't slip inside and require a search and rescue mission!
Old 11th October 2013, 09:38 AM   #5
TBL is offline TBL  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

I have two of them. Both hae=ve the stips, one even has the screws. I'll take a pic of one with the trip only and post here.
Old 11th October 2013, 09:50 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Whew old thread... The CD player sounds fine, think it needs cleaning or something - cauz it skips, more so when it warms up.

Hide this!Advertise here!