Kyocera 710CX CD player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That's a darn obscure question.

There are two screws holding a sliding plastic clamp on the bottom of the unit that locks the transport. The screws are designed to bind up on removal, so they shouldn't fall out or be lost to begin with. If you don't have the plastic piece, the screws may not help you. That said, the screws are M3x0.5 with a length of 10 mm under the head (9.6 mm measured) Truthfully, this doesn't sound like the answer to the question you asked, but I don't know of any other small screws involved in transporting the unit. The plastic piece acts, I think, as a spacer when you lock up the transport, so it doesn't bottom out flat to the chassis. I'm not sure if you can lock it up without damage without the plastic piece, but it would certainly be destroyed if not locked for shipment.

Last edited:
Plastic Piece

Conrad,

I think you hit the nail on the head, there may have been a plastic piece - now that you remind me. (It's been 20 years)

I hate moving it, there is something in there bumps around alot when it is moved. A nice sounding player though ~ thanks.

btw, I have the box and the foam packing blocks, no plastic piece.

Last edited:
It is a darn fine sounding player, giving anything today a run for its money. If you can find some plastic strips the width of the slots, maybe 1/16 inch thick, drill a hole near the end, then slide them in to act as a washer between the internal guts and the chassis bottom when you install the screws (gently). IMO, the original red plastic piece was way more complicated than the task requires. You just want something that you can hold on to so it can't slip inside and require a search and rescue mission!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.