2011 Melbourne Audio / Video Show

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Melbourne Audio/Video Show has just come and gone, and I must say, what a great job by all the staff and organizers for a fantastic job, very professional.

There was 4 floors of mainly audio gear, so the Video part of the name may not really apply as the prevailing theme was 2 channel reproduction with a strong showing of vinyl and many a laptop feeding various dacs.

For me, personal opinion her, the three standout systems were the Sonus Faber's Stradivari's, Magnepan 3.7's and the Cabase La'Sphere's.

Many of the rooms were very small and square and so had no chance, for instance i heard Vivid's B1 but just could not put up with the 100hz'ish room resonance and had to leave.

All in all a fantastic effort and apparently a much larger than expected crowd to prove that Australia is ready for our own regular audio show. Hint Hint.

I invite anybody who went to leave a few words and hopefully encourage more to go next time.

Cheer from Aus
Dean

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.