Home Theater Surround Placement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If somebody could shed some light on the best position for surround speakers in my room (please see diagram) I would be forever grateful. I'm not sure whether I should go with an in-wall in the column, a bipolar that could also be used as a dual mono for 7.1 or an in-ceiling speaker. Also what height would be best. The listening area is very close to the back wall in-fact only 3 ft. Or would a stand based book shelf speaker be best. I'm hoping one of you theater geniuses can help. Also I might want to do 7.1 or even 9.1 using in-ceiling speakers at some point. Side walls are not an option for me (nowhere to mount them).

Attachments

• surround diagram.jpg
    surround diagram.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 32
Well with 7.1 you have surround and surround back, or front height channels as an option.

I have my 7.1 set up with front center surround in the middle of each side wall then surround back left and right. I also have distributed bass and enjoy the setup very much. I say play around with placement before cutting any holes or permanently mounting anything. Sometimes ideal positions don't work out so well due to room acoustics. So mess around with it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.