Op amps in receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Don't know which forum to post this to, so I'll try here. Mods please move it if need be.

After replacing the op amps in my SACD player, (thanks to those who helped!) and improving the sound significantly, I took a look at my receiver and found some less than state of the art op amps in there too.
They are M5218's made by Mistsubishi.
Checking the data sheet reveals 2uVrms noise level and a slew rate of 3V/uS, among other not so great specs.

The stages I was thinking of replacing are in the signal path no matter what mode is selected and are non-inverting 6dB amps, Zin about 22K, Zout about 10K.

So, what do you think would be a good upgrade for these?
I have on hand, OP275, AD826, AD8620.
Package is SOIC.
Let me know what you think would work best.
Thanks!

catrafter said:

. . . less than state of the art op amps in there too.
They are M5218's made by Mistsubishi.
Checking the data sheet reveals 2uVrms noise level and a slew rate of 3V/uS, among other not so great specs.

Just about anything well-regarded will sound better than those. If you have any remaining from the SACD tweak, just use those.

:)ensen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.