Clicks in audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.
I have Tascam DR-07 recorder, but internal mics are very low quality, there for I want replace its to Primo ones. Before starting I did some tests and found strange high freq. clicks in recorded audio. Its are similar with any of my 3 mics. External preamp and line input coud not help.
Similarly, it can be heard after other short signal pulses
Recorded with Tascam DR-07 + Panasonic WM61a
Any suggestions how to fix it?
May be some internal capacitor fault...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

there is audio file, normalized from -10 dB
DR07 clicks.mp3

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

What hapens with no mics connected at all? Record no signal. Still get ticks?

Is there a cell phone within a few feet of it? In your pocket perhaps?

Is the power source absolutely clean?

I don't know the unit, can you listen on head phones? That way we can listen to the unit without ANY connection to the outside world.

Do the ticks relate in any way to what you have recorded? That is to say, do they follow peaks or something? Or are then either random or regular, but unrelated to recorded material?

Are you peaking in the red ever?

Tap on the unit with your finger. Does this vibration affect the noises or cause them?

Sit a portable AM radio near the unit, tune it to between stations so you can hear the background white noise. Do any of the tick sounds come out the radio? Or similar impulse sounds?

Very true.

My shop used to be a half a block from a traffic light. I discovered one night while working on an amplifier that had an odd intermittent noise, that one of the lights on the traffic signal had a noisy triac in the controller. And every cycle, when the one certain red was lit, I'd get this noise from the amp, and when any of the other lights were lit I did not.

I only discoverd the cause when I got frustrated and walked out on the front step for some air, and my eyes fell on the traffic signal while I could still hear the amp in the background.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.