Numark DJ mixer sounds awesome in 'phones with MP3 player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A curious thing I recently discovered...I've got a Numark DM1050 dj mixer I've had for 6 years. Most of that time, it's been sitting unused but when I recently was thinking about selling it, I decided - for kicks & giggles - to run my Sansa MP3 player through it and see how it sounded listening in Shure SRH440 headphones. The damn music comes alive listening through the Numark/Shure combination, sounding very analog-like and much better than listening to the player via my Sherwood receiver headphone jack. To describe it another way, it has that warm, FM compression kind of sound - it's amazing to me it sounds so much better. I don't know what the electronics are in the Numark but I'll be keeping it (this particular model is no longer in production). Anyone else have a similar experience?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.