What it this worth?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did not know where to post this.....
I have a Sankyo Cassette recorder that has been in storage (in my closets) since about 1975.

Today I got hold of a cassette, checked it out (with my MP3 player), and it still works as remembered when it was part of my Heathkit/JBL sys back then.
This recorder weighs a "ton" and is built like a tank!

The question I have is how much it might be worth if I were to sell it as I really have no further use for it in this day and age.
I don't want to ask too much for it.

I love those anilog gauges :)

Attachments

• sankyorxx1.jpg
    sankyorxx1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Yes, it is a decent deck. Like I said, it was part of my high end sys even though I rarely used it in favor of vinyl.
It was actually an impulse purchase during a visit to the local Radio Shack when they used to sell hi-end audio.

I may still keep it..... I have had it this long.
In fact, I think I still have a casette head demagnatizer packed away somewhere and if I remeber correctly, I demagnatized the head right before I put it in storage.
At least, now I know it still functions properly.

I do regret saving this and not my Throrens TT. :(

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised that all the belts, etc still function properly..... without any (noticable)l wow/flutter.

One of the reasons I no longer have my Thorens is the (drive) belt completly deteriorated years ago and I could not find a replacement in the days before the net.

The Sankyo seems to have aged a bit less than I have in the last 35 years . :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.