Help,,,Strange problem with memory card - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st September 2011, 08:13 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help,,,Strange problem with memory card

I know that this is not a right forum for asking such question, but i hope that i will get the answer.I request the moderator to move the thread or even delete if it is not suitable for this forum.
Now the problem:two years ago i bought a samsung es15 camera which is supplied with a sandisk 4gb sdhc memory card.every thing was working good.One day i inserted the same card in a kodak digi cam, It was working there also,but when i had inserted the same mem card in its original place i.e. samsung cam it is not working.I had tried all methods to make it work in samsung cam but no result.some more info: All other mem cards are working in that samsung camera except aforesaid mem.card.Aforesaid mem card is working in all other cameras and computers except my samsung cam.I had formatted it in samsung cam , its showing the no. of remaining shots but when i click shot it tell 'mem card error".I have done every measure to make it work but perhaps the problem is "The cam which was in love with that mem card is now hating him because he spent some time with other cam"
ha ha ha. sorry that was a joke but in this situation i can not guess more than that.
I can buy some other mem cards for my use but this is not the answer i just want to know the reason of this hate.
please,please help me
thanks.
Old 21st September 2011, 08:23 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Try putting chip in card reader and sic scandisc "scan for bad sectors" on it.
Might bring it back... Flash memory has a limited lifespan. Most people just don't notice it because they buy bigger before the old ones begin to show problems.
Doc
Old 21st September 2011, 09:14 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaumaturge View Post
Try putting chip in card reader and sic scandisc "scan for bad sectors" on it.
Might bring it back... Flash memory has a limited lifespan. Most people just don't notice it because they buy bigger before the old ones begin to show problems.
Doc
mem card is working well in all machines except that mentioned digi cam.
Old 26th September 2011, 07:15 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

no satisfactory reply ?????????

Hide this!Advertise here!