Room Acoustics - Need Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I listen at my computer, and I want to set-up a better 7.1.

But the reason I come here is, because even with just one or two speakers, the room acoustics suck.

When I play audio at 177Hz(iirc), the sound is strong on my left side even though the speaker is in front of me. If I stand up, it sounds like it's slightly to my right, but much more 'equal.' I'm sure there are others, you get the idea though.

There are various dips in volume that go away when I stand up, above my monitors.

When the subwoofer is near my desk, it's Very quiet in front of my monitors and at the furniture, again unless I stand up. That's okay though, the sub is easily moved.... The speakers are not.

------

So, what do I do? What's causing it - is it because I have a large desk? I can move this and get a smaller one...

If I have to move to a new spot in the room, I can......

Sorry for the lighting. Here it is.

Attachments

• img8237m.jpg
    img8237m.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 83
  • img8238d.jpg
    img8238d.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 77
  • img8244m.jpg
    img8244m.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 90
  • img8247h.jpg
    img8247h.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 76
  • img8256q.jpg
    img8256q.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

The cancellation is likely caused by reflections from nearby walls. You can try adding absorbant to the nearby walls, to see if that helps. You could try things like DSP to flatten the in-room response somewhat, but trying to boost room nulls (particularly in the LF) will often require a lot of power, and is therefore often best avoided, as the increased distortion would be worse than the frequency anomalies. Of course, if the system can take it without losing headroom you'd otherwise use, then I see no reason why not.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.