dIsAbled?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably the best post I've seen in the FR forum for a long time. Unfortunately, the lines between advertisement and "generosity" is very blurred in this forum.

all regards goes to planet 10

I wanted to tell him that via PM or in thread, but now it's time to tell, and I've done it

Mark Audio is a Man that listen and help people, there are not so many guys that do so, and we should be gratefull, he knows what he is doing, and that just beacuse of all of us, I like and admire his efforts, and that is good so, he has developed a tweeter that is bestbuy!! and about Alpair 6 gen1. I'm dissapointed, it has no treble, no intimacy, it was a fail (but it plays super good with a rear firing tweeter ambience enhancer), but we are all people that are learning, and we all support one another, that is why the Alpair 6 gen2. is the right thing, we can't blaim each another because we want to make things better, that's not the point! We all try to make things better and we support each other :)

Understand, there are so many good FR drivers and all have something they can do best, I agree that Alpair 7 is very very good driver!! I have Tang Band and Alpairs and many more, but each of that Drivers are good in something in they way, I enjoy listening to TB flat cone the most and also the Coral Flat 5 II, but I also enjoy listening to Alpair 7 and TB 5" polypropilene cone, those are all super Widerangers, I have also Audio Nirvana super 10 but not tried yet, but i think that is also super Wideranger, and I like them all!:tongue:

about Enabling- that is individual finesse, and people please don't fight- there's no sense in it, no violence no violence! Peace man! now the whole world economy will blow, and the stupidest thing of all is to argue, People unite!:):cheers:

Last edited:
I haven't read all the posts between my last post and the end. I did read wintermute asking for links to the application of enabling, and planet10 responding with links.

I must state again that this isn't the point of this thread, and I feel it is getting hijacked by fanatical enabl supporters. If you people cannot respect the point of this thread, I will start another one and request that this thread be deleted.

Wintermute, and planet10, please respect the point of this thread. This is not another "HOLY COW I <3 ENABLin!!!@!@@!!!!!" thread.

Tade

Chris,

Excellent comment. The results do not live up to the hype. While I would agree that the process makes an audible difference, my experience is that it is subtle at best. Some people feel it is an improvement and some feel it is a degradation.

In my opinion, the biggest frustration is the decreasing number of topics on the full range forum that are not testimonials/advertisements for Enable or Mark Audio drivers. Many people who used to contribute on a wide variety of topics have stopped posting and gone someplace else. The full range forum, and to some extent the multi-way speaker forum, content has become boring.

Martin

Yeah, I think MJK put succinctly into words why I started the thread. It seems like the tone of the forum has gotten a lot less practical, and more preachy. Maybe we have done all there is to DIY?

Tade

It should have been deleted long ago for the offensive title......forget anything and everything about the process working or not. I think you could have had a little more tact when choosing a title.

That being said I don't think you can really moderate these kinds of things like that....this isn't a sandbox on some playground.

503Timber,

I want to get back to post 144

Tact when choosing a title? That title fully embodies my sentiment when I saw "blocks" on the frames of drivers AND on cabinets! That title is absolutely appropriate.

I am offended by you attempting to describe me as a playschool bully in a sand box. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I would also like to go back to the graph, but not 503Timber's question: I see an undeniable difference in those waterfalls between the treated and untreated driver. Honestly, if you asked me to pick the better waterfall I would pick the treated driver. It seems like the peaks which are present are a little more sharply defined which would lead me to believe that there are fewer places where energy is being stored. Great!

BUT HOW!?!?!?! Please, can someone who has spend so so much time "developing" and "understanding" the process. "letting the driver tell them where to put the blocks". Can one of you please offer up a sensible physical explanation for the enabl process!? PLEASE! I am on my knees begging! Either admit that you have no clue what you are doing, or tell me why what you are doing works! Please!!!

Tade

503Timber,

I want to get back to post 144

Tact when choosing a title? That title fully embodies my sentiment when I saw "blocks" on the frames of drivers AND on cabinets! That title is absolutely appropriate.

I am offended by you attempting to describe me as a playschool bully in a sand box. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I would also like to go back to the graph, but not 503Timber's question: I see an undeniable difference in those waterfalls between the treated and untreated driver. Honestly, if you asked me to pick the better waterfall I would pick the treated driver. It seems like the peaks which are present are a little more sharply defined which would lead me to believe that there are fewer places where energy is being stored. Great!

BUT HOW!?!?!?! Please, can someone who has spend so so much time "developing" and "understanding" the process. "letting the driver tell them where to put the blocks". Can one of you please offer up a sensible physical explanation for the enabl process!? PLEASE! I am on my knees begging! Either admit that you have no clue what you are doing, or tell me why what you are doing works! Please!!!

Tade

You may very well feel that way but lets be real.....the title is a bit much.

If you are trying to step out of your boundaries here and tell who can and can't reply then yes.....that is being a bully of sorts.

I'd like a clearer explanation too but we may never get one.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Tade. You started the the thread, people responded. That you did not get the responses you wanted is no one's fault. All the posters have come in to honestly give their opinions - not all of them negative. If they are not the opinions you sought, perhaps you've learned something?

sreten - I've read through the patent and can't find this claim. Patent #5304746 right? Maybe I missed it. I see where it claims to substantially reduce standing waves but nothing about fixing all diffraction issues.

Hi,

Your right. I should of said secondary diffraction issues.
No way will it fix BSC and the like which are major issues.

Secondary issues as described in the patent are nonsense.

rgds, sreten.

503Timber,
I have not tried to control WHO can and can not reply, I have tried to control the TOPIC of reply.

No I am not being any sort of bully. You called me a bully in a schoolyard sandbox. You should be ashamed of yourself. Timber503, I am not interested in hearing you defend yourself anymore.

Pano,
There is no such thing as a negative or positive opinion. An opinion is a personal thing and is not subject to any external judgement. I attempted to create a safe haven for people to voice their doubts about Bud's process as it has been dominating discussions here at DIYaudio. You have been attempting to sneak in defenses of the process similar as; "You may or may not be able to measure the effect, but the human ear is far more sensitive than any measurement, so the enabl process must work".

The "moderation" that I have been trying to do is to thin out some of this insidious conjecture.

If I went to the analogue forum and started a thread about this great new DAC I would be moderated. It's not that my opinions about that DAC are wrong or right, but that they are misplaced.

I am so impressed with the response to this thread from sincere responders, but I am publicly stating that the amount of fluff that has inundated even this thread is getting tiresome! Congratulations enabl supporters, you are about to achieve another victory. If you continue to refuse to respect the purpose of this thread, then I will abandon it. I am sick of your inability to respect a dissenting opinion.

Congratulations enabl supporters. Your ability to patronize and attack people who do not believe as you do is truly impressive. I feel guilty for even starting this thread. Apparently I am a bully, who is unwilling to listen to your opinions. Thanks guys.

I sincerely do apologize here in public that I offended you. You did however try to over moderate.....impossible on forums. Add to that a "nameless" member taking an aggressive stance from the get go it turned ugly. In the end I am with you guys and want to know why it works and not just hear "we don't know it just does". My stance was why try to disprove it before hearing it yourself. Graphs don't always paint the whole picture and why does science have to be the end all......

I either don't believe that Enabling is a magical treatment, but it is obvious that it have an Effect, and that is "mellowing" the Driver

why are you Sreten acting so rude? you act like a fool because you are not able to talk normal or what?! but to curse and you know at most bad language, shame yourself! what are you a dictator? nobody is good but you? (I'm ashamed of you, and if I had the chance I would knock you down, but you are a pussy that can only curse via internet, and so make your own satisfaction, this is perverse)

Don't shame yourself and fellow Serbians!

I'm apologizing in his and in my name

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.