building stereo setup.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
whats up everyone? Thought this was the right place to post this as I am new to this forum. Recently purchased a Harman/Kardon PT2300 Preamplifier, Parasound HCA-800II power amplifier, and a ADC Sound Shaper SS-1. I have the PT2300 pre-out (A) into the "input" of the SS-1; the SS-1 output to the input of the HCA-800II amp. Seems to work correctly. Thats my "new" equipment. I previously inherited a Toshiba SR-355 turntable (made around 1977), a Teac PD-D2750 CD player both of which I had ran for years on one of those old multi source receiver that had everything (minus a cd player) into one including; radio tuner, cassette A+B, phono, and cd/tv/vcr inputs, and a 5 band EQ all built into one solid brick! Yeah, great, 30W power. Scrap that. Also, I have some speakers I inherited with the SR-355 that appear to be RTR model HPR-12M, also from around 77' which if I recall are 75 watt. I have them currently hooked up to the HCA-800II.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.