Decent Components, pots, etc.. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th January 2002, 01:02 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Decent Components, pots, etc..

I've reached that point as a newbe where I am starting to wonder what brand of components and pots and stuff are better quality then others. Up until now, I haven't thought much about it, and have just gone down to radio shack to get what I need (if they have it). I recently needed a 1k Pot, and RS didn't have one, so I started looking online and there a lot out there. SO, I ask those with experience, what are some decent brands of pots, switches, passive components. Not top of the line, but not crap. The projects I'm doing are for me only, but the end result is to use in my home recording studio. So I figure somewhere above average, but not nessesarily top of the line. Keep in mind that, being a newbe, I know nothing about different brands. Except I recently harvested some old pots from a DuKane amp that were CTS, which I now know is a popular brand. I've made my share of guitar and mic cords, and use Switchcraft connectors. But that's it for knowing brands and quality.

I know everyone has different opinions and likes and dislikes, and I don't mind looking at reviews and info on brands, I just don't know where to start. I've search on this forum and have come up with some info, but mostly for specific applications and I'm looking for a more general idea of what's awesome quality, what's pretty good, and what's crap.

Thanks for any input.

Ziller

Hide this!Advertise here!