Top 10 Ozzie movies ever

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After watching "The Castle" again last night I decided it's time for a discussion like this - which do you think are the Top 10 Australian films ever!

My suggestions ( in no particular order) are:

The piano
Dead calm
The castle
Priscilla, queen of the desert
Moulin Rouge
Romper Stomper
Bad boy Bubby
The tracker
Rabbit proof fence
Lantana
Mad Max
Gallipolli
Muriel's wedding
Children of the revolution

Awaiting your response

Stan

I didnt know he made movies too! Man what a talent.

Attachments

• ozzy.jpg
    ozzy.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 315
lawriebuck said:

"The cars that ate Paris" gets a vote from me too!

:)

Ohhh man.... that movie is for sicko's. It is bent-city. :dead:
-----------------------
Young Einstein? ("If you can't trust the Government, who can you trust?") http://www.yahooserious.com/einstein.html

Part of both Matrix's wer shot here, the outdoor scenes at least.
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/06/10/1022982817908.html

The world's first feature length film was made here. :cool: http://www.ironoutlaw.com/html/movies.html

just when you think there arnt many aussie movies around, bam, theres hundreds, you just never remember them, this discussion have certainly made me remember a few greats, that i had long forgotten

its only a 20minute film
but theres, a i think its called "crouching tiny, hidden durry" where they need the green elixer "VB" to rid them of the evil hang over demon, in true crouching tiger style, complete with BBQ tongs

A couple of years ago, (could be up to 10 I guess!) there was a film entered in the shorts comps that I think I saw on "Eat Carpet"
called "Just Over There".

It was a trailer for a costume drama film that didn't exist with a perfect ****take of the voice over guy who does american film trailers.

"This spring, comes an epic story about life...
...love...
...and romance

It is a story about a man...
...a woman...
...and a child

and a journey they go on that will teach them about themselves...
...and each other...

...it happened in a country....
...just over there...

I'd love to see it agai but have never found any reference to it even existing. Had me on the floor in stitches.

Oh well...

drew

supa-roo said:
just when you think there arnt many aussie movies around, bam, theres hundreds, you just never remember them, this discussion have certainly made me remember a few greats, that i had long forgotten

its only a 20minute film
but theres, a i think its called "crouching tiny, hidden durry" where they need the green elixer "VB" to rid them of the evil hang over demon, in true crouching tiger style, complete with BBQ tongs

Never heard of it, but I know I just gotta see it already!

:)

PS: Isn't it "durrie"?

Folks, I'm in agreement with Circlotron.

After getting up at 11.45 to watch "the cars that ate paris" I went back to bed (after it had finished) somewhat disturbed and wondering how it got the status it has.

An odd film.

I mean, not "Naked Lunch" kind of odd.

and it didn't leave me feeling that i wanted that 90 minutes of my life back (as some recent films have done) so I guess it could be worse.

A remake that left out some of the wasted space and fleshed out a few of the unfilled bits might be an interesting concept.

Drew

DrewP said:
Folks, I'm in agreement with Circlotron.

After getting up at 11.45 to watch "the cars that ate paris" I went back to bed (after it had finished) somewhat disturbed and wondering how it got the status it has.

An odd film.

I mean, not "Naked Lunch" kind of odd.

and it didn't leave me feeling that i wanted that 90 minutes of my life back (as some recent films have done) so I guess it could be worse.

A remake that left out some of the wasted space and fleshed out a few of the unfilled bits might be an interesting concept.

Drew

Its a great movie.... when it was shown overseas they renamed to "The Cars That Ate People" so it wasn't confused with Paris, France.. lol like they are very similar and stuff... There was also apparently a scene where they were TRYING to transport a calf (thats is a baby cow) in the boot (aka trunk) of a car.... lol I can remember if that scene as added or remobed from the international version.. but I do know that I never saw it.. lol and a scene was added at the start I believe that was SO dark you couldn't tell it wasn't the same actors.. lol but their voices were different... thids info may not be correct.. but its what I read somewhere when I was doing a review on teh movie for school.. lol

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.