Bob Pease RIP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bob Pease sadly killed reportedly returning from Jim Willam's memorial

Two of the “Greats” in Analogue electronics have died recently.

Ironically I’ve was presented a book by Bob Pease on safe driving – with a picture of his VW Beatle on the front cover :(

"Word has just filtered through Twitter that Bob Pease was killed in a car accident.

This one by the sounds of it:

Driver, 70, dies in Saratoga crash - San Jose Mercury News

In a sad twist of fate, it is reported that he was returning from Jim Willam's memorial.

A very sad week indeed."

RIP Bob Pease & Jim Willam's- Thank you both for your contributions to the art of analogue electronics!

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
What a tradgedy. When I was cutting my teeth on T/C amplifiers, A-D converters, low drift signal conditioners and the like, I used to pore over the natsemi and LT app notes and I learned loads of stuff from these guys. I still have a copy of an EDN compilation of JW's circuits dating back to the 1970's.

A huge loss for the analog design community.

RIP Bob Pease and Jim Williams

WHooooa Man That really sucks big time!!!
I have been reading Their articles for many many many many years as they were so inspirational and many times funny aswell.

I had just read the latest (last :( )ones that I have this last week they both will be sadly and greatly missed very much!
As I will always look foward for the next article that will never too arrive anymore.

I am very sad! jer :( :(

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
I couldn't believe it till I saw it myself. Bob was killed in a one car accident leaving Jim Williams memorial service. He was still driving his 1969 Beetle. BTW Bob was a very light drinker, it's not possible that alcohol was involved IMHO.

An elderly San Francisco man was killed after his car hit a tree in Saratoga on Saturday evening, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The 70-year-old man was traveling eastbound in the driveway of 14831 Pierce Road at an unknown speed when he failed to negotiate a curve to the left at about 5:45 p.m., CHP officials said.
The driver's 1969 Volkswagen Beetle veered to the right off of the roadway and crashed into a large tree on the right shoulder, according to the CHP.
After the crash, the Volkswagen came to a stop on its wheels with the front of the car against a tree.
The 70-year-old was not wearing his seatbelt and it appears he was killed instantly, CHP officials said.
It is unknown whether alcohol was a factor in the crash.
The CHP has not yet released the name of the victim.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.