DLink access point emitting high frequency sound? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th June 2011, 01:29 PM   #1
Alaza is offline Alaza  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default DLink access point emitting high frequency sound?

Hello,

I have a D-Link 3200AP which just died on me. And in that regard it started emitting a high frequency tone. Am I correct to assume that its usually inductors doing that?

In any case, I have uploaded a picture of the inductor I can see on the print. I have not been able to find a schematic for the circuit, but it seems to be easy to replace components, so should I just go for changing the inductor? I was thinking though, that for it to resonate at a different frequency than what it was designed for, it must be the circuit around it that's not working properly?

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5269/downloadhq.jpg

Thank you

Hide this!Advertise here!