ADVICE on small Amplifier for sound system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Fellow DIY Techies -

I have a question. I am somewhat of a novice and need some help with a sound system that I am trying to build. I want to connect an Ipod to a small amplifier that is then connected to a single speaker. I have the Ipod and used speaker, but need the right amplifier. I need something very small because I will be installing this set-up in a small sculpture.

I have looked at small headphone amplifiers. Can I use this for my project? My speakers are 8 watt.

Thanks for your help!
Meaghan

"Small" and "very small" are relative terms. Can you provide some approximate dimensions and what level of output you seek?
Small headphone amplifiers are indeed small, but obviously aren't designed for driving 8 watt loudspeakers. That's not to say they simply would not work or produce a sound from the speaker. Just that there's other options that make the idea best left at that... an idea.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.