3D transistors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my toaster oven also has a controller to control and monitor the temperature :)

of course I try to put on just enough solder past but sometimes, even with a stencil, there’s too much and then a tsop is a PITA but no problems so far with QFN.
As a DIY'er I was avoiding QFN until I had an IC that I could only get in QFN and after trying I was presently surprised. :)One other thing that helps is I can put in some extra hours to perfect my pcb’s.

I have all the info I need on QFN thanks.

I think BGA or so will be a diferent story, no need to try it yet;)

Rik

I was refering to the IPC-7351 and some white papers from the IPC EXPO 2011, whether the detail is required for home construction I dont know.
If you can do QFN's BGA's wont be two complex, byut you might take a couple of attempts to get it right. BGA's are easier than TQFP and TSOP as there is less chance of shorts, which as you have discovered is the biggest problem with the fine pitch leaded SMD components, we have more failures with TQFP's than any other component.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.