Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th April 2011, 08:31 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default weak joe compressor

Hi all,

i built a weak joe compressor and found the unit to be good i tried different combinations of Op amps and nsl 32 opto isolator as well as some home made opto isolator which i found actually worked better. but at maximum compression the compressor seems to distort a bit i figure the attenuation to earth is the culprit for the distortion i can't figure out what else may be causing it. I know that compressor can be a bit of pig in a basket but finding a good diy one to build is another story also any one with any nice schematics of opto compressor please let me know. But for now i have been trying different options to make this particular compressor to just kick that little bit nicer. i would like nice clean compression with a bit of kick when adjusted right but just haven't found a schematic that cuts it but if anyone has any ideas in regards to tweaking the weak joe please let me know. It has got me with the distortion problem this unit has that anyone uses it in any studio.
Old 27th April 2011, 08:33 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default weak joe compressor

forgot to post the site link: Weak Joe Optical Compressor

Hide this!Advertise here!