DIY COAXIAL Cable besides Belden?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What do you consider the Best Transport.If you have already listed it I shall look.
------------------------------------------------
I don't know. What I did was to comapre a SonySCD670 with Tent XO3 (relock, clock and very lo noise PS); a Marantz swing arm CD23; and the unmodified (clockwise) Sony SCD777ES into a dCS 24/192/DSD upsampling system. The 777 blew the others away in important aresa of bass, treble and instrument placement. This shows the importance of the transport.

I tried a wide variety of cables and music.

NEAR_SOTA said:
Well Synergy is everything! I guess seeing that I am using an ART DAC I would need to find the Magic ART DAC\CDP Transport Combo ,then make the choice of Cable according to that.

Or am I missing the point?

I will not be sacrificeing my Speakers I know that!LOL

What do you consider the Best Transport.If you have already listed it I shall look.

Thanks!

Yes you are missing the point big time.

There ain't no "SYNERGY" at work here, but simple 75ohm MATCHING and that is REALLY, REALLY it.
Get the appropriate bi-directional coupler and a scope and measure the forward and reflected voltage. Minimize the latter to better than 10% and you are done. However, there is NO way to do that if you are using a piece of 50 ohm cable and a pair of RCA's.
You'll just be wondring the polar plot 'wilderness'.
There you can keep of swapping cables and talking synergy and other crap like that till kingdom comes.

There ain't no "SYNERGY" at work here, but simple 75ohm MATCHING and that is REALLY, REALLY it.
Get the appropriate bi-directional coupler and a scope and measure the forward and reflected voltage. Minimize the latter to better than 10% and you are done. However, there is NO way to do that if you are using a piece of 50 ohm cable and a pair of RCA's.
-----------------------------------------------------------
There is much more to matching impedance and relocking. I have done all these and cables and transports STILL sound very different. You can have low jitter, near perfect matching, very cl;ean scope patterns, and yet cheaper transports and 'Video' cables STILL sound much worse.

There is is more to it than simple maths.

Geez, that is what I love about Audio. There is very rarely if ever a consensus on anything.

I have seen stuff that would be spec'd out to be killer yet when you you try it they are dismal failures in particular systems.

Remeber the 70's or 80's. Recievers,Power Ratings, Damping Factors and a bunch of ridiculous claims that were baseless.

And try a HK amp on Maggies. Yeah a real good match there.

Sometimes synery is everything!

Just thinking !

Yo! NEAR SOTA! Welcome aboard. I see you registered last Thursday but this is the first time I've seen a post from you.

NEAR_SOTA said:
Geez, that is what I love about Audio. There is very rarely if ever a consensus on anything.

Of course. We're subjective beings. I say, vive la difference! :)

I have seen stuff that would be spec'd out to be killer yet when you you try it they are dismal failures in particular systems.

Remeber the 70's or 80's. Recievers,Power Ratings, Damping Factors and a bunch of ridiculous claims that were baseless.

Yup. And I think in some respects that same sort of thing has been taken to a different level in high-end audio. Many still chase after "specs." Just specs of a different sort. Dielectric constant, metal purity, etc.

Sometimes synery is everything!

Yup. Though one person's synergy can be another person's cacophony.

Just thinking !

Careful. That can be dangerous. :)

Again, welcome aboard!

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.