Harman "How to Listen" Available!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can't believe no one has talked about this here yet - I'm a month late, but apparently so is everyone else. I've been waiting for this for over a year:

Audio Musings by Sean Olive: Version 2.04 of Harman How to Listen Now Available For Download!

Sean Olive, who I got to meet recently, is really dedicated to developing quality audio equipment and the understanding of 'what matters' in the world of sound reproduction. (See Floyd Toole's book 'Sound Reproduction' for the good stuff). Harman, probably at Sean's prodding, has agreed to release a piece of software they use to train listeners in how to identify flaws in audio reproduction. I haven't even downloaded it yet, but it looks amazing.

I'm sure people here will find it a very useful tool!

I haven't even downloaded it yet, but it looks amazing.

I'm sure people here will find it a very useful tool!

It is quite interesting. Downloaded it a few days ago. Only had a limited bit of playing with it so far. I'll say I scored reasonably well, of course not as well as I'd thought I would! :D (just in the first batch of EQ sessions)

I've played with EQ's in the past, but never in quite this way, or to this extent...

seems useful that "listeners" could be trained such that you could readily and clearly communicate what is heard with some common reference points and reasonable amount of understanding. (?)

at a minimum it's seems to be reasonably good exercise in understanding our own perception of how we hear (at least in terms of the frequency response stuff I played with so far in the application) I think it's worth a little more time to listen and test myself...

Hey I checked the tool. As per my understanding this tool helps you to check and teach you to differentiate between the differentiate between different frequencies, noise,and others present in audio file. so this is really good for a newbie.

I would recommend to listen this using quality headphone or on good home system. ( not on laptop speakers).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.