What's in your workshop?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just spent a week cleaning stuff up -- moved a pair of HP6129C power sources adjacent to the work table, with a Fluke calibrator on top -- the lab as it is set up now has a GR Noise Source, Wavetek sweep gen, couple of HP meters, smaller scope (got rid of the 7704a), HP distortion analyzer, RF signal generator, and a pair of Heath supplies -- one for HV, the other 50V regulated, replaced the ancient Dell with a somewhat less ancient HP and a flat panel display. The only thing which is "new" is the flat panel display, :

Attachments

• lab.jpg
    lab.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 314
you got yourself a good deal then Jack........all the used gear around my area is going for big bucks

I did have some nice gear at one time but I was in the city at a Jobsite and someone broke into my truck and got away with about 20 grand worth of equipment.....insurance company gave me squat because i did not have paper work for it

fcel said:
Jack,
Nice sets of equipments there!
I think I have the same Marantz receiver that you got there. Everything works except the FM. What about yours?

It's the Marantz 2250B -- the one my son pulled out of the garbage at Boston College last year. I have it working fine -- a little backlash in the "gyro" tuning.

if and when I get the schematic I will compare notes with you.

jack

JasonL said:
on your home page is that your actual home audio set p with all them carver amps.?

Looks like a nice desk-lay-out. Nice set of JBL horns sittin there eh.

Yes that is my home theater using three Carver amps; A760x for the mains, A500x for the subs and a TFM-35 for the surrounds. I run all DIY tube stuff in the living room through the Altec A7's and have three more systems in the "workshop" on the shelves to the left of the picture; Marantz 2270 with JBL L-26, HK A500 push pull amp with custom JBL corner horns and a Yamaha CR-640 with some JBL SATS and Carver subs. You can never have to much gear.

Why are HP distortion analyzers so popular?

I keep seeing HP distortion analyzers in the DIY world. I’ve used them a few times but never found them as much fun or versatile as the Tek AA501 I first used.

A quick look on Ebay makes it look like there is an almost 10:1 range in the prices between the units. I guess this could explain their popularity.

Is that it, or am I missing something?

I recently missed out on a sweet deal on a Tek AM700. Not my favorite box, but in retrospect I think I was an idiot for not chasing after it.

- Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.