how to color a light

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello to all. I was wondering if there are any ways to make a color gel for lights. thanks to anyone who can help. I was thinking of taking some transparent paint, and painting some plastic. Anyones input helps. or, if there is a way to get the led's bright enough. thanks

hello to all. I was wondering if there are any ways to make a color gel for lights. thanks to anyone who can help. I was thinking of taking some transparent paint, and painting some plastic. Anyones input helps. or, if there is a way to get the led's bright enough. thanks

Movie people have been using colored gels since forever. You really want to make your own?

Rosco US : Filters : Roscolux

Lee Filters - Welcome

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I know this is a DIY forum, but at some point it just becomes silly to make your own.
Rosco or Lee. And they will last more than 20 minutes. ;)

Check out your local college theater or some AV company for scraps. You'll have a better idea of what you are dealing with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.