Best FM antenna......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Depending on your reception area, an active antenna may be a cheap and convenient solution. They're not the best in all circumstances, but if you don't have poor signal strength the results may be indistinguishable from anything else you can achieve, and they're built to be unobtrusive amongst other items of furniture.

w

Actually, I get pretty good receptiion in my area including my building.

As far as digital, there are only a small handfull of HD stations in my area anyway.

BTW, I just a got a Sony "XDR-F1HD" tuner and it seems to make the best of a less than great signal.
So far, I like this inexpensive little tuner.

Last edited:
One thing I thought was instructive when comparing antennas was to listen to the L-R signal only. In areas with a lot of multipath, omnis can be pretty nasty. TV bunny ears can work quite well and usually look nicer than the standard dipole or folded dipole plastic antennas..

One thing I thought was instructive when comparing antennas was to listen to the L-R signal only. In areas with a lot of multipath, omnis can be pretty nasty. TV bunny ears can work quite well and usually look nicer than the standard dipole or folded dipole plastic antennas..

That reminds me of a another question I have. Is there a simple way to add some sort of L-R balance controls to an amp/sys that does not have one?

The sys I'm currenty setting up is just a very simple sys using a Lepai 2020 amp

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.