eSmog chips or the Kings new clothes?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

Has anyone come across these chips that you attach to HiFi components and CD's which apparently neutralise eSmog by a form of destructive oscillation.

They are all the rage in Germany right now but seem to be some kind of Voodoo. However as in all esoteric solutions in HiFi the effects also seem to be repeatable so there must be something in it.

I'm just curious since I fond no discussion of this on any english language sites. Maybe I need to search for a different term?

Snake oil for instance :)

Here are a couple of links for the curious :)

YouTube - eSmog Does Not Have Borders - An Interview with Walter Laufs

Powerwatch News - 13/12/2004 - WillauTronic Protection Scandal

DF, this will amuse you:

Scalar waves (which are also referred to as longitudinal waves) continue to be rejected by orthodox science. There is a conspicuous parallel to bioresonance therapy I would like to bring to the reader’s attention: the same people who reject the latter are equally opposed to scalar/longitudinal wave technology, reasoning that the alleged existence of either phenomenon is a hoax due to the fact that even the most sophisticated measuring devices to date are unable to record any results pertaining to their effectiveness...

Science has been falling short to express and explain, let alone measure and graphically demonstrate, what a cup of fresh water means to the thirsty; what a piece of bread means to the hungry; what a word of comfort means to the destitute; what a tender glance or gentle caress means to lovers. By the same token, science has fallen short to record the joy over an achievement or the depression suffered by those out of a job or the homeless. Surely, no scientist would venture to claim that those reactions, which are exclusively happening on an information level, do not exist.

He then goes on to talk about biophotons, undetectable by conventional science, but amenable to photography.

I wonder sometimes if all of these "research papers" are generated by a computer program. There are remarkable similarities. Of course, there's the obligatory name-checks of Tesla and Bohm...

If you wish to invest in this marvelous new quack medicine breakthrough, it can be done through http://eb-5-investment-opportunity.com/about-us/.

That's strange, I was always taught that scalar waves and longitudinal waves are different. If he is talking about light, then he is claiming that the photon has mass! I assume he doesn't know enough physics to realise that this is the claim made.

Of course, there are scalar waves but they don't last very long before they decay into something else.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.