Room acoustics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How did you ended in putting the spikes ?
It was the most obvious thing to do :D
Should I say you should have the first image posted ROTATED ,because during the lecture of the thread I was thinking those were satellites attached on the wall :confused: and everyone was telling not to put them against the wall and I asked to myself 'Why ? Wouldn't those get some benefit from the wall ?
'No ,wait ! Those are mounted wrong !' Then I looked again and made some gravitational thoughts ..:eek:

Or even, depending on panel thickness, with the doors closed. We won't go into tuning them with percentage holes though the door, all right ?:D

I'm actually surprised at how few acoustics threads there are on here, considering what a difference it can make to the listening experience, and how diy a lot of the solutions are. Anyone could turn out a couple of perforated panel absorbers, or tube absorbers, to tame the honk or boominess of a room, and it makes it a more pleasant place to live, and talk in, not just better for listening to music in.

Yes indeed, I was searching for a thread to solve my problem but I couldn't find one.

In the big closet are clothes and a few shoeboxes. The other contains dvd's, cd's, games...
But it needs to be practical, opening doors when I want to listen to music :)?
I'm sure the room can be improved even more,but for now it's ok. Unless someone comes up with a cheap, noticable improvement.
I'm first going to spend money on a better projection screen.

I have an really cheap proposal :) You can put your CD's and games at bookshelves, it will improve the sound, find some smaller closet, the lower one, for cloths, and sell your big closets and you will earn some extra money to upgrade the crossovers of your speakers for example ( I doubt you will want to open them ;)), or you can buy heavy curtains and put them on window and on the rear walls also.

Try with bookshelves on the side walls, the closets are reflecting all frequency spectar to the inner side and backing the sound waves to mids and higs it resulting with bad sound stage and incorect fase responce. But I can see you wont move them :) In that case try to put some sound damping material on that side of closets where the speakers are. It should help. But, you realise that closets are behaveing like cabinets in position close to speakers ruining the sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.