Distortion blind test

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The property rights discussion is somewhat ironic considering the origin of the musicians and music. But I tend to side with the "no infringement going on" bunch. I thought BVSC was a good choice. The sample needs to be from a superior recording, whatever it is.

Any results so far?

jan didden

I've only been PMed one result from diyAudio but the 10 or so results from head-fi mentioned in the first post still stand. I think a lot of people can't hear any difference so don't bother PMing me, I know I can only just distinguish a difference between the original and the 5th harmonic and nothing on 2nd or 3rd.

I will add some pure tones when I get the chance as that should easy to pick because in theory people can pick out 0.5% distortion.

sure here is my matlab code
it's pretty simple basically I just applied the Chebyshev polynomials - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that for a full scale pure sine wave give the harmonic of the order of the polynomial (in practice with a non fullscale sine wave you get some of the lower order harmonics as well and with multiple sine waves (ie music) you get intermodulation non harmonics).

Thank you. I was looking for the way to create predictable mix of harmonics in my simulations. Chebyshev polynomials is the simplest. I also checked this in LTSPICE-yes, this math works.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.