Any Electronics Surplus / Junk Shops in the UK ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

There used to be a lot of electronic surplus / junk shops in the UK.

I can think of several in the Tib Street / New Cross area of Manchester, loads around Soho as well as Greenweld in Southampton. Bulls in Brighton plus others in Rochester, Southend and Stockport.

Are there any left ??
I mean ones with a shop you can browse around in rather than mail order only ????

Andy

PS I forgot this place.

It's open as I've been recently :-

"The Computer Junk Shop"
Karen Young
10 Waterloo Road
Widnes
Cheshire
WA8 0PY
United Kingdom Phone: 0151|4206671

Listing on on EBAY as "Auntyant2"

Last edited:
We have one in Plymouth, but it's all computer stuff. I can find the address, if anybody cares.

Better for general stuff are ham radio bring-and-buys. You can get PCB, heatsinks, transformers cases and other scrap. They usually have traders too, a good source for connectors, switches etc. etc.

w

DF96, how do you know about that shop. you must have to be pretty local to know about that shop, with the missile command unit in the window... (oh they advertise)weird shop, but good to pick up little things like cables and banana plugs that the big shops would sell at silly money compared to them.

I just remembered another shop in Liverpool. I cannot remember the name of the shop but it sells DJ amps etc and also sells bits and pieces and other stuff.

It's near Fairfield Station on Tithebarn Street (I think) or it might be Dale Street
Edit :- Might be Progressive Radio on Dale Street.

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.