"Solomon" Solder Station - Worth the money or stick with what I've got?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure what forum to stick this in, so... figured I'd play it save and post it here!

Had a long post typed, but decided it was more info than anyone really cared about, and so I won't beat around the bush lol

I've got a cheap Weller SP23L that needs a new tip, which my brass bolt I modified and put in it works better than the original copper one, but it is still a constant 25W at the end of the day...

Don't do much except tinkering, so a high dollar unit wouldn't be needed, though I admit a Hakko would be awesome :) That being said, what are the opinions on this unit?
Soldering Station Adjustable Temperture 15w-60w (Made by Solomon)
It's at the extent of my budget for one sadly, but I think it'd beat the $15 ones that look identical to the Weller models that cost $60+ :\

Thanks!

I'm using Solomon last several years

there is also thread about solder stations - somewhere in tools and equipment forum ;

there you can read more

:clown:

if it's good for Anatech ......... http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/equipment-tools/180194-24vac-soldering-iron-dc.html

Oh... hah :eek: Guess I didn't noticed the Tools/Equipment forum :rolleyes: *sigh* Thanks! haha

EDIT:After reading that thread, it is enough to convince me that I'll be more than happy with it, even if the unit he was talking about was a higher end digital model :) Regardless I think I'm going to go ahead and get it! So, thanks again!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.