Finding discontinued parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"How?"

Ask Crown. Ask Carver. Ask AB International.

Carver just uses a double EF connection, Crown and AB International use a triple.

You might get very alarmed to see what Carver does in the PM1.5, ±125V and all the current through one pair. I doubt the gain is higher than 5 at the 25A peak current these will deliver at 4R. The 2SA1302/2SC3281 have a gain of about 100 at that 5A, so they need about 50mA peak current from the front end (a complementary pair CFP driven by an opamp).

Where can I find replacement outputs for an A-760X? Everywhere I've tried so far has 2SC3281 discontinued. What would a set of 2SC5200 (the cross reference) do in there? I don't dare replace only some of the (five per channel) '3281s with '5200s, do I? How would they balance against the (five) 2SA1302 or its cross 2SA1943? How would these in one channel balance against the other channel with 2SC3281/2SA1302?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.