Dying diy moral.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dying diy moral

Diy meant a platform for sharing and helping each other, no matter who was asking.
It was meant to showcase the joy of making things which we have not done before and sharing the experience with others.

I believed knowledge when shared grows many folds.

But it seems that diy now a days i being limited to group buys.and kits.
And people keeping their ideas to themselves for profit.

Links to many good designs are directed to some website selling pcbs or kits for them.

the mere essence of sharing is now limited with very few.

I am very grateful to people like apex audio and many others who share open heartedly.

I am hoping the diy feel return back here.

My words will make many feel annoyed, But this is what i have felt.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
viki - do not complain if other members are not doing your own homework ;

all I see is that you are asking and demanding , but without enough clear idea what your needs are .

asking for 200W amps in thread for 25W A class amp

then I mention KSA50 as much stronger class A amp , which will tear apart your speakers ...... and then you are - instead of making small search through forum , asking again in wrong place .

ask questions one by one , do your homework in a way that others have impression that you are really reading answers , and - sky is a limit

if you aren't able to give ppl that impression , you'll be simply ignored .

so - logic is simple - tell what you need , and be polite ; that sometimes means nothing more than to wait for your turn in line

Hi!

Well if you want to change the situation, be a role model and publish some circuits. There is always two sides to this. I share many schematics freely, but not all of them, some things have to be kept for customers.

I also see a trend that some people get lazy. Instead of reading the basics in some electronic books, just toss a question on the forum and somebody will work it out for them...

Best regards

Thomas

Bro, I have been searching with great hope.But could not find what i was looking for.
reg f5 thread i did not know its details, I had asked for details but did not find.
i am not here to complain but, going through 1000 of pages each containing 10 posts.

I don't recognize anything you say, really. Yes, there are a few people trying to eek out a living in this business, but I mostly see an abundance of freely accessible information and lots of helpful people around. You perceive a problem; I don't. This implies that it might have something to do with expectations.

friends i have no electronic background, I was audio crazy right from mt nursery days, but never had enough resources to indulge myself for such things.

I am trying to understand as much as i can, All the calculations and theories seem a bit alien to me right now, but with a little help and small efforts by fellow knowledgeable diyers could help me in eliminating the foolish questions which i may have been asking out of frustration.

I posted this because there may be many newbies like me with a lot of eagerness to learn and do things, But felt that people like me who have less knowledge about these things feel a bit left behind.

All i asked was for some help from the experienced people here.

If my words have been so bitter and annoying to members, I am extremely sorry to bring out my frustration in such manner

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Kits are , and have always been, a big part of DIY. And not just audio. Airplanes, boats, furniture, musical instruments, etc. They make the hobby accessible to many people who don't have the time or skill to design and build from scratch.
Modding is a time honored sport, too.

I have to agree with Mastodon.

I was making small tube amps and experiments with tubes with very small experience in the subject,i can say that i was discovering things by myself,and one day i discovered this forum , and i can tell you that i learned a LOT of things in tube world thanks to the members of this place ,and what i can say is THANK YOU very much all of you!
Silvino

You are absolutely right in your title. There is a dying DIY moral.

"Hey, I am new and know nothing about electronics; so you lot are obliged to help me."
"Hey I cannot find the information with the Search Engine. The thread is too long, so you should point me to the right post with a link."
"Better still, you should summarised them all up and write a easily understandable article."
"Hey, I don't like to build the standard circuit published. You should tell me exactly how to modify it to my needs, and guarantee it works first time and produces great sound."
"Hey, I don't understand all these theories, so you should calculate for me."
"Hey, I have no time to read any books about electronics, components, ...., why not just tell me the answer to my question, and the next question, and the next, ....."
"And of course, you should do it voluntarily, free of charge, in the honourable DIY moral."

My friend, you forgot one thing -- what DIY stands for.
It stands for "Do It Yourself".

There are many people here who spend their valuable time helping other people to understand audio electronics.
They will help people to acquire the skill to feed themselves.
But if you only want to be spoon-fed, I am afraid you are looking in the wrong place.

I don't even have enough time to finish all my own projects and test out my own circuit ideas.
I certainly have none for spoon-feeding.

Nice evening,
Patrick

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
friends i have no electronic background, .......

go back to your KSA50/100 asking pcb pattern thread , and explain what your needs are ;

there is no one-sided pcb on forum , at least for my knowledge ..... and there are few of them double sided ;

that's reason why you didn't got your answer instantly

anyway - looking at your English fluency , I reckon that you have enough brain how to read and search

again - write your needs and expectations , then read what other members have to say

there are many amps , powerful enough , one-sided pcbs ...... but this thread isn't for that sort of answers

Hi!

Maybe the issue with the DIY moral is on your side. Remember DIY stands for do it yourself and not the forum does it for you. The forum is the wrong place to learn basic electronic skills. There are excellent books for that and most of them have been mentioned here numerous times.

You say you can't go through 1000 pages of information. So somebody else shall do it for you and sum it up? The fact alone that there are 1000 pages to go through shows how much information is shared.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, But if you are so crazy about this and motivated, do some homework. Then ask educated questions. This will be much more helpful for you.

I for myself do not spend much effort in answering a question, if the person asking does not spend adequate effort in formulating the question and provides all kinds of information so a useful reply can be given.

Best regards ... Thomas

Diy meant a platform for sharing and helping each other, no matter who was asking.
It was meant to showcase the joy of making things which we have not done before and sharing the experience with others.

I believed knowledge when shared grows many folds.

But it seems that diy now a days i being limited to group buys.and kits.
And people keeping their ideas to themselves for profit.

Links to many good designs are directed to some website selling pcbs or kits for them.

the mere essence of sharing is now limited with very few.

I am very grateful to people like apex audio and many others who share open heartedly.

I am hoping the diy feel return back here.

My words will make many feel annoyed, But this is what i have felt.

You want some cheese with that whine? :D

Diy is exactly about making things yourself, but as you seem to be too lazy to actually do anything on your own, you end up in places where people want to be paid for doing your work.....sounds fair enough to me.

Spend a few years building something, and by building something I mean something that is not a kit, or a copy of something else, then you will see a different side of things.

Cheer up

Magura :)

Patience is a virtue. DIY Audio is brimful of Asha. Need help, you will get help. If you are out of line, you will be told, "you're out of line". If you are curious and polite, you will get advice to steer you into your own nirvana.

You can go on a doom and gloom tour if you want but try not to. Think positive and open your mind to suggestion. You can't be 100% with everybody elses opinion but who is asking you to? Toss away the rind and the seeds, eat the tasty parts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.