diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Virus from Russia ?? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/178807-virus-russia.html)

ashok 9th December 2010 02:42 PM

Virus from Russia ??

I just got an email saying " for you from Russia ". There is a 4.37 Mb file attached in .rar format. It says RoomEQwizard V4.11 .

I don't plan to open it. Is this a virus ? Anyone else got this email. Senders name is Russian. But that doesn't mean a thing.
By the way RoomEQwizard is from a person called John on Hometheatershack I think.

SY 9th December 2010 02:46 PM

Never have unprotected sex with Haitian prostitutes. Never call a large gentleman holding a gun "***face." And never open an attachment from someone you don't know (and even then, caution is advised since friends can be spoofed).

kevinkr 9th December 2010 02:48 PM

It could be anything.. It might even be the software it is represented to be, but I would just delete it..

jacco vermeulen 9th December 2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SY (Post 2392640)
Never Never Never

Never throw a Turkish gentleman through a window after he kicked your dog, when his brother can return with a loaded pistol. :clown:

SY 9th December 2010 02:53 PM

YouTube - jack bruce-never tell your mother shes out of tune

godfrey 9th December 2010 02:59 PM

Run it in sandboxie and see what it does (or tries to do). I had big fun with a virus a couple of days ago like that - played with it for awhile, then killed it and threw it out.

jacco vermeulen 9th December 2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SY (Post 2392652)
You tube

YouTube - Lloyd Cole - Like A Broken Record - no Top+ (25/09/2010)
:clown:

c2cthomas 9th December 2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacco vermeulen (Post 2392650)
Never throw a Turkish gentleman through a window after he kicked your dog, when his brother can return with a loaded pistol. :clown:

The Turk's luv to use their big *** swords - and take their time - when getting a little personal "payback". BTW - they are REALLY GOOD with those swords!:D

My Dad served with them during the Korean War and had photo's and stories about how they would sit around the campfire - get about half loaded up and then start doing folk dances with their swords and sparring with each other. Turkish Marines - I strongly suggest you give them your fullest respect. BTW - they are super guys and I do intend this in a positive manner.

jacco vermeulen 9th December 2010 03:23 PM

Thomas, my line was meant in a figurative speech.

(though anecdotal)

c2cthomas 9th December 2010 03:33 PM

Hey jacco - I'm just having some fun too - heck that's what we are here for!!!!! So - no prob's with me. OTOH - keep a look out in your rear view mirror!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: