Has anyone tried WBT connectors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was wondering if anyone has tried WBT connectors. Especially the WBT-0201 RCA jacks. I know WBT is expensive compared to Cardas and others but I have found a really good price on the the WBT-0201 RCA jacks. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

rdunnit said:
I was wondering if anyone has tried WBT connectors. Especially the WBT-0201 RCA jacks. I know WBT is expensive compared to Cardas and others but I have found a really good price on the the WBT-0201 RCA jacks. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
------------------------------------------------------

I don't like using WBTs, even the premiun ones. The plating deterioriates with time and insertion, and the centre pin looses contact easily with some types of RCAs.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

I don't like using WBTs, even the premiun ones. The plating deterioriates with time and insertion, and the centre pin looses contact easily with some types of RCAs.

Same here.

Moreover, I don't find them good sounding.
When you use them throughout they seem to add a harshness to the sound in the upper mids.

Cheers,;)

I also would like to thank you all for the input on the WBT jacks. I love this site for all of the recommendations from people that have tried different products and have gained results from using the products without being swayed by the mighty dollar or other currency that some companies wave around.

I am able to get the WBT-0201 jacks for $4.95 each. That is why I was asking about the quality (sound,construction, or otherwise).
They seem to be manufactured really well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.