diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Has anyone tried WBT connectors? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/17852-has-anyone-tried-wbt-connectors.html)

rdunnit 17th July 2003 05:46 AM

Has anyone tried WBT connectors?

I was wondering if anyone has tried WBT connectors. Especially the WBT-0201 RCA jacks. I know WBT is expensive compared to Cardas and others but I have found a really good price on the the WBT-0201 RCA jacks. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

cowanrg 17th July 2003 05:50 AM

any input on where you can get them cheap?

i didnt use them because they were just too expensive. i bought their binding posts, and i can tell you the build quality is through the roof.

fmak 17th July 2003 06:53 AM

Re: Has anyone tried WBT connectors?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rdunnit
[B]I was wondering if anyone has tried WBT connectors. Especially the WBT-0201 RCA jacks. I know WBT is expensive compared to Cardas and others but I have found a really good price on the the WBT-0201 RCA jacks. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
------------------------------------------------------

I don't like using WBTs, even the premiun ones. The plating deterioriates with time and insertion, and the centre pin looses contact easily with some types of RCAs.

fdegrove 17th July 2003 08:03 AM

Hi,

Quote:

I don't like using WBTs, even the premiun ones. The plating deterioriates with time and insertion, and the centre pin looses contact easily with some types of RCAs.
Same here.

Moreover, I don't find them good sounding.
When you use them throughout they seem to add a harshness to the sound in the upper mids.

Cheers,;)

analog_sa 17th July 2003 09:07 AM

Frank, Fmak

Thanks for sharing the opinions. I love it when this site actually saves me money and disappointments. For some strange reason i find it much easier to trust a negative opinion :)

peter

rdunnit 17th July 2003 09:25 AM

I also would like to thank you all for the input on the WBT jacks. I love this site for all of the recommendations from people that have tried different products and have gained results from using the products without being swayed by the mighty dollar or other currency that some companies wave around.

I am able to get the WBT-0201 jacks for $4.95 each. That is why I was asking about the quality (sound,construction, or otherwise).
They seem to be manufactured really well.

fdegrove 17th July 2003 09:42 AM

Hi,

Quote:

They seem to be manufactured really well.
Construction is certainly beyond reproach.

Quote:

I am able to get the WBT-0201 jacks for $4.95 each.
That's certainly cheap enough...just beware that there are a lot of WBT-clones on the market though.

The normal going price is about 40$ a pair/retail.

Cheers,;)

analog_sa 17th July 2003 10:26 AM

I would also be highly suspicious of the price. I doubt even wholesalers get them at much below $10.

cowanrg 18th July 2003 12:47 AM

well, im glad to hear that they arent all that good, becuase i saved the money and went with cardas instead!