problem with TV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok. so here is the deal. i was watching saving private ryan the tonight at a good volume (not SUPER SUPER loud), but good enough. during the final scene, where the tanks roll in, i got horizontal lines (black), across the screen. it was almost like flickering, or something was turning on.

i have the tv on an isolation transformer, but my sub and receiver are not. the bass was so much that things were shaking from the walls. however, my stand is a heavy duty sanus that is solid as a rock. the tv thats on it is 240+ pounds, and i could not feel any noticable vibration from it. my dvd player is isolated separately with vibration pads and a plexiglass plate.

i ran the same scene on mute, and there were no lines at all, it was clear as can be. do you think its vibration, or electrical? could the receiver/sub just be generating so much noise that it creeps into the tv at intense scenes?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.