DIY Ottawa Fall Meet - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th November 2010, 01:18 AM   #31
DDF is offline DDF  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Testing, testing

If the show is Sunday, I'd be willing to help set up on Saturday. Mark, we could cal your Mic and Peter, I'd be happy to measure your speakers that day, maybe compare to ARTA.

If anyone wants Speakers measured Saturday, maybe we can set up a day just for that? Whatever the group wants, I'm flexy.

Sunday sounds like virgin Caesar kind of day. Virgin Caesars and frantic just don't mix.

Dave
Old 4th November 2010, 01:22 AM   #32
Mark Kravchenko --- www.kravchenko-audio.com
diyAudio Member

We would have to negotiate a Saturday time as well. A little birdie told me we have Sunday the 23rd of January. Maybe we could pull off Saturday as well.

Pierre! What do you think?

Mark
Old 4th November 2010, 11:14 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

As Mark wrote, Sunday the 23 January has been reserved for us. We have the main room at the centre from 8 am till 8 pm.

Pierre
Old 4th November 2010, 11:29 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDF View Post
If the show is Sunday, I'd be willing to help set up on Saturday. Mark, we could cal your Mic and Peter, I'd be happy to measure your speakers that day, maybe compare to ARTA.

If anyone wants Speakers measured Saturday, maybe we can set up a day just for that? Whatever the group wants, I'm flexy.

Sunday sounds like virgin Caesar kind of day. Virgin Caesars and frantic just don't mix.

Dave
Dave

Personally I will be happy booking the room another day for measurements, but would prefer to do so another day than the saturday before the "virgin Ceasar" day. Weekends are too short for all family priorities

For those who were not there last time, there are two rooms in the centre. For the 23d I booked the large one, which is large enough for two setups.
I anticipate that - with a bit of luck - we get the small room too. This gives the fearless among us some options for doing measurements on the 23d: a second setup either in the large room (just for measurement) or in the small room. These are just some ideas...

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Pierre
Old 4th November 2010, 12:04 PM   #35
Mark Kravchenko --- www.kravchenko-audio.com
diyAudio Member

Hi Dave an Pierre

Some of the calibrating work and all could easily be done pre-show. I think that would make the most sense. A differential calibration takes some time. And I'm not so sure people want to watch Dave and I wrestle with microphones and loose a few rounds until we vanquish the little beasts. ( That's how it usually goes! )

As for measuring what ever comes in...

Doesn't take that long to do decent frequency response curves. An impedance measurement and such can be done with the same connections. So we have a quick and dirty method of getting things done.

Dave send me a PM if you want and we could setup some time to get some of this stuff sorted out in advance.

Owen and all who are interested in setting up a schedule. ( That includes me )

Some conversations and a few posts could go a long way to making this a better meet. So send a PM and we talk. Telephones are still wonderful devices to communicate with.

Length of time for the presentations would be important and the placement during the day would be important.

I have another request.

I'm bringing five subs to the meet and would appreciate an evaluation critique on them. I'm thinking the simplest way would be to set up a form that describes certain characteristics that are important for the sound. Any ideas as to good questions that would be applicable?

Mark

Hide this!Advertise here!