RCA professional series receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I just got a RCA receiver for $30 from CL I thought it would be louder than my old Kenwood KR-A4040 receiver. All I got to say is the difference is day and night! It doesn't sound "real" and when you turn it up it has distortion and when I used my old kenwood it never sounded like that it was clean even at high volumes and it never really got hot like the RCA did. I checked all my wires and measured the resistance of my speakers and they are all at 6 Ohms. The old kenwood handled 4 Ohms and the RCA handled 8 - 16 Ohms. Is it because the speakers are 6 Ohms?? It just doesn't sound good to me has very poor sound quality to me. Kenwood sounds so much better. Also it is like 2x bigger than my old kenwood and my old kenwood is still much louder and cleaner. Why is this??? Thank.... Kevin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.