Please use the search facilities - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th January 2002, 06:50 PM   #1
Geoff is offline Geoff  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Please use the search facilities

The longer serving members of this forum frequently have to repeat replies that have been previously posted in response to similar queries.

Could I therefore please suggest that newer members use the site search facilities before posting a query to see if what they are proposing to ask has already been answered. This will enable more time to be spent responding to new questions and problems.

Geoff
Old 4th January 2002, 07:04 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

YES!!!
I second the motion!
Can we simply tack this message to the top of the list?
Oh, and another thing...please refrain from whining if no one answers your post in the first twenty minutes. This includes as subcategories the practice of putting in your own new posts for the sole purpose of 'bumping' your thread to the top of the list, and asking the same question again a week later as a new thread, simply because no one answered the first time. If someone has any interest in your particular topic, they'll respond, if they don't, you'll only annoy them. The practice of posting the same question in multiple Forums is barely defensible--I suppose that there are people who go straight to the Solid State Forum, for instance, but for those of us who work from the front screen, it looks pretty silly to see the same question two or three times in a row...

Grey
Old 4th January 2002, 11:08 PM   #3
PassFan is offline PassFan  United States
diyAudio Member

Grey:
Hey, I never thought of that. Thanks for the great ideas.
Old 4th January 2002, 11:18 PM   #4
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Hi guys,

I will better incorporate the search and forum categories into the front page of the site when I get back from holidays.

Thanks for your input!

Jason.
Old 4th January 2002, 11:56 PM   #5
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

It'll be great to have access to the BB toolbar from the front page ... tis a bit of a pain @ the moment

Have a great holiday.
Old 5th January 2002, 11:48 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

And folks...<i>please</i> pay at least rudimentary attention when you're starting a new thread. We've had a spate of threads recently where people just threw one in, willy-nilly. As an example, there's a new thread this evening dealing with speakers, but it's in the Solid State Forum. If nothing else, it'll be harder for someone to find later.
<i>Sigh</i>
I'll fix it, but...

Grey
Old 5th January 2002, 11:54 PM   #7
Helix is offline Helix  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

true, but the search sometimes can't finds what you are looking for, due to it's very nature.

hence, we need these longer serving ppl to point us in the right direction, that's what a forum is all about!

Hide this!Advertise here!