Yay hoo!! the wify is out of town

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes indeed, Yours truely is home alone to indulge his vices.
My darling bride would surely soil herself if she walked in to see the new table defiled in such a manner.
The Peerless towers are up and burning in, and I'm repairing my HK preamp as I listen to some old Level 42.

Attachments

• s_picture 008.jpg
    s_picture 008.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 331
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I went to Louisiana for the fourth and just returned. The wife and kid are staying for 2 more weeks (yay hooooo!)
On to the replies

The stuff on the scope is only musuc. I was midstream of checking in and out on xy mode to look for phase distortions. I wanted to check which of my preamps had less phase distortion.

The new peerless towers have a 811815 tweeter and 2 6.5" HDS woofers without the phase plugs. I'm presently running my first version of a first order crossover. I'll tweak on it after they're burnt in for a while. The woofer in the side is a Dayton Parts Express Titan 12" . It can produce a 15hz sine wave that you cant hear, but every picture on the wall rattles and every window in the house flexes 1/4" peak to peak. sounds like a helicopter is in the living room hovering.

I smoked the pioneer sx950 on accident by shorting the outputs.:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Luckily I did this after fixing My HK 100wpc amp that was to replace it driving the subs

Post away guys. This is fun seeing the messes we can make of a house! I'll try to post some more pics later.

Check out my Ebay find. It's a CTF950. new retail was $600 in 1979. The scratch above the cassette doesn't look nearly that bad without a camera flash. I never thought a cassette could sound so good. Except for the background hiss, you can barely tell recording from cd.

PS I paid less than $50

Attachments

• s_picture 004.jpg
    s_picture 004.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 107
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.