Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned superconductor material, I did not state super conductive...big difference.
I have said it too gently previously so I will be more forthright this time - FORGET ABOUT THE BS CLAIMS AND EXPLANATIONS, let's just get on with working out how to measure what QP's are claimed to do.
I asked if anybody had any ideas on softwares that could record and analyze long term LF noise and got met with conspicuous silence.
If QP does reduce LF noise then this is where we should be looking, and all hands on deck.
Who here is man enough to man the pumps ?. Those who are not should walk the plank.

Eric.

Talking Turkey...

What I do believe pertinent to the measurement is a good understanding of what level of effect needed to be measured. Running an I/V plot of a 4 ohm speaker load is insufficient. Second order entities will totally swamp any possibility of measurement of any "subtle" effects. A good example is the flux modulation within the speaker motor, and eddy effects within the pole piece, magnet, and flux return path..nevermind cone things..

Use a perfect 4 ohm resistor, a perfect current viewing resistor, and the bybee device in series with all three. If the bybee does absolutely nothing, there will be zero ovality in the x-y plot. A more exacting method is to null the I/V components. Any deviation from linearity, even at the .1% level, has to be accessible from the measurement setup.

Cheers, John
Hi John, you mentioned this earlier and offered advice on how to create 'perfect' resistors.
Could you elaborate please, and give more detail on the 'nulling' setup you propose.

Regards, Eric.

It's already been done. No difference in low frequency 1/f noise from a 50 cent resistor.

The claims and explanations are indeed utter BS. We agree on that. One can't measure the effect of false claims.

The claim was removal of the noise in the signal (with electron sorting or some such). Pretty easy to test with a source and sound card. I think most soundcards go down low enough to do the job. If need be there are usb data loggers that go to DC. Just tell your soundcard it's 44100 and do the frequency translation afterwards.

Last edited:
John, what information does that give you that's not already present in the impedance curve? How does that relate to noise (the principal claims)?

Absorbtion of noise invokes a voltage drop. If quantum noise has been dissipated as per the bybee website, there will be a voltage drop as a result of that dissipative loss. That will be seen in an I/V plot of the device.

Hypothetical:

I have been given two: two terminal devices. Externally, they both measure 25 milliohms end to end. One is a bybee.

How do I determine difference?

I would drive them from the same voltage source, through identical lengths of wire, say 10 foot zip, into identical 4 ohm loads.

Any difference between the v drops requires investigation. If the difference is null 20 to 20K sine, the devices are identical for audio bw sines.

Then, put music into the amp, preferably from a ttable. If there is still no difference despite a noisy source, the devices are no different..

Cheers, John

I would drive them from the same voltage source, through identical lengths of wire, say 10 foot zip, into identical 4 ohm loads.

Any difference between the v drops requires investigation. If the difference is null 20 to 20K sine, the devices are identical for audio bw sines.

That's how the impedance was measured (8R test resistor, not 4). Not only no difference, the Z was flat to 40k. In series with a noise source (the second part of your post), null difference down to 8Hz, with or without signal averaging.

It's a resistor.

That's how the impedance was measured (8R test resistor, not 4). Not only no difference, the Z was flat to 40k. In series with a noise source (the second part of your post), null difference down to 8Hz, with or without signal averaging.

It's a resistor.

The only test schematic I have seen was the MB stuff, so I cannot make statements regarding your setup.

Yes, I agree it is a resistor. It is in parallel with some gobbltygoop, and the claims are that that "stuff" somehow works better than Maxwells demon. So, if you believe that I accept the device's operation as marketed, you know me better.. You also know that I can be the devil's advocate.

Now. If I were to test a resistor at any stimulus from DC to 1 gHz, I would worry about a few things.

1. What is the current path within the device. To wit, is this resistor a helix or a bifilar? They act differently at frequency.
2. How does the DC resistance of the unit compare to the inductive reactance the device will have when subjected to currents. Is the inductive reactance of the device more, less, or comparable to the resistance?
3. When I try to measure the voltage across the unit during high frequency excitation, how do I do this without loop trapping the time rate of change of the external magnetic flux? Or, is it possible to compensate for it?

These things are very important when trying to measure low impedance widgits. I've had to design and make sub nanohenry current viewing resistors to measure magnets for phase shift in the 1 to 10 hz range..

When I see that 4 ohm pic showing the ellipse, I say to myself: yo, dude....you'ze swamped da good stuff with reactive goop and non linear goop, how youze gonna see the ting you lookin fo???

Honestly, I've seen this problem for a decade now. Everybody thinks they can buy an off the shelf power resistor that will produce accurate results across the audio bandwidth. That's a bunch of melarky..

Eric

I'll post the design tomorrow if I can. I'm afraid a physicist toasted the unit I built for him, so I don't know if I can take pictures of it for you. I told em, 1 ampere...1 ohm...1 watt, don't go higher...1 ampere...1 ohm, 1 watt...max..

10 amps

for 5 minutes.

Unattended..

sigh

melted the solder..

The color code is now....black, black, black... with a tolerance band of...you guessed it.....black

Cheers, John

Now. If I were to test a resistor at any stimulus from DC to 1 gHz, I would worry about a few things.

1. What is the current path within the device. To wit, is this resistor a helix or a bifilar? They act differently at frequency.
2. How does the DC resistance of the unit compare to the inductive reactance the device will have when subjected to currents. Is the inductive reactance of the device more, less, or comparable to the resistance?
3. When I try to measure the voltage across the unit during high frequency excitation, how do I do this without loop trapping the time rate of change of the external magnetic flux? Or, is it possible to compensate for it?

These things are very important when trying to measure low impedance widgits.

Sy did you do any of this?

I am testing the device's claims. There's nothing on their website about gigahertz.

Within the audio band to two octaves beyond, the impedance is flat.

It's a resistor.

edit: With steel leads (rather than the claimed copper), it would be expected to be noticeably inductive at very high (hundreds of megahertz) frequencies, just like any other component with steel leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.