Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 2nd September 2010, 07:06 PM   #271
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
Anatech did NOT mention it.
Au contraire, he's mentioned it at least twice. Get glasses, Gramps!

Old 2nd September 2010, 07:09 PM   #272
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exeric View Post
He will have to do enormous retrenching and apologizing to people he has accused of fuzzy thinking and believing in pseudoscience if he finds these work.
I'll be happy to do that. If the results show no effects on signals and circuits, and no-one is able to demonstrate audibility, are you willing to do the same?

Old 2nd September 2010, 07:16 PM   #273
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Why are we referring to him as Sy? His initials are S.Y.

Quote:
Why are you and so many others so willing to let his broad contributions in so many other areas blind you to this one failing.
Well Exeric, I think he has been on the planet long enough to smell a rat. There's a few in this field. Let's call them psuedowhatevers.

If you think that his instincts and training are a failing then perhaps it time to reconsider who is blind.

Personally, I am not expecting much so if I hear any difference, I'm libel to be ecstatic and throw a party.

Old 2nd September 2010, 07:33 PM   #274
exeric is offline exeric  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
I'll be happy to do that. If the results show no effects on signals and circuits, and no-one is able to demonstrate audibility, are you willing to do the same?
Sure, as long as it is a neutral person conducting the tests. Do you want to have negative results questioned by me and others because the impartiality of the tests were questioned. If you are so sure that the tests can be done in an impartial way then why not let someone else do the testing? Then if it turns out in favor or you and against me all the better for you. I and others will not be able to complain. And I assure you I would in the first situation and I wouldn't in the second. That's a promise.

Old 2nd September 2010, 07:34 PM   #275
diyAudio Member

Quote:
he (Sy) has dug himself in pretty deep on the subject of the bybee's. He's gone on record here, there and everywhere that this is pure pseudoscience. And he's done that without actually ever listening to them. Everyone knows that he has said these things.
My recollection is that he has (rightly so) been very critical of the claims of "near-superconductivity", and the ability of any material to selectively remove "bad electrons" from the stream, to wit..even the existence of bad electrons.

Quote:
and condemning so many who have direct experience with them.
He asks all to put your money where your mouth is....prove your assertions via controlled methods. Anecdotes are not valid proof.

Are you saying that your use of such devices renders you an expert in near-superconductivity?

Cheers, John

Old 2nd September 2010, 07:37 PM   #276
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Weldon View Post
Why are we referring to him as Sy? His initials are S.Y.
Cal, I can't see any periods on his moniker. I think this may require I purchase a much bigger monitor..yah, that's it...I'm missing out on all the details...

Sheesh..

Cheers, John

Old 2nd September 2010, 07:39 PM   #277
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneutron View Post
Cal, I can't see any periods on his moniker.
No need to get personal!

Old 2nd September 2010, 07:40 PM   #278
diyAudio Member

Oh, almost forgot...

What about a ground loop coupling/susceptibility test? Inclusion of a lumped element anything into the haversine stream will alter the loop currents.

I assume the end use system design will be code compliant and single ended drives..

I'd recommend running a swept sine 1 ampere current out to 50 Khz through the line cord, terminated at short at the male, and monitoring of the loop currents on an external ground loop using either a hall transducer, or a Danfysik Ultrastab DCCT.

Cheers, John

ps..personal??? You want personal??? OK... (old guy)

Last edited by jneutron; 2nd September 2010 at 07:44 PM.

Old 2nd September 2010, 07:42 PM   #279
diyAudio Moderator

Give me some suggestions on how you'd do that, John, and I'll be happy to give it a fling.

Old 2nd September 2010, 07:44 PM   #280
diyAudio Member

Exeric, you have found the reality of the situation. I have known SY for many years, he, in person, is a great guy. But, when it comes to Bybee, he had plenty of input potential from me, including real devices. No sale. That is OK, until he turns on Bybee, without even testing the devices, especially listening through them.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!