Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis - Page 23 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 1st September 2010, 10:25 PM   #221
exeric is offline exeric  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalker View Post
Is this entertainment annoying someone? Until the tests are done it's pointless to keep talking about it.
I think you are right. What other technical threads do you see where individuals don't just eventually do the tests and report on them. Here we see the same test, resistance of the resistor in parallel with the "actual" device, done over and over again. That's why I say this game is rigged and the usual suspects on this thread should hand over both the listening and the measurement task to someone who doesn't have a vested interest in the outcome. It can still be people here at DIY audio, but other people. It seems only fair to me. I agree with JC.

Old 1st September 2010, 10:59 PM   #222
BudP is offline BudP  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The best one can hope for is three orders of magnitude better than room, and that is 7 nines annealed to within an inch of it's life.
True, but when compared to the best one can hope for from some far eastern sources (0 nines) it could seem like Near Superconducting.

Old 1st September 2010, 11:30 PM   #223
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exeric View Post
I think you are right. What other technical threads do you see where individuals don't just eventually do the tests and report on them. Here we see the same test, resistance of the resistor in parallel with the "actual" device, done over and over again. That's why I say this game is rigged and the usual suspects on this thread should hand over both the listening and the measurement task to someone who doesn't have a vested interest in the outcome. It can still be people here at DIY audio, but other people. It seems only fair to me. I agree with JC.
Those are accusations. Name the riggers and their vested interest please. Usual suspects, who are they? Which is their secret agenda? We don't want them to manipulate the forum and mislead the readers. Speak up if you have evidence on such an implied ploy.

Old 1st September 2010, 11:35 PM   #224
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I have to say "ditto" to Salas' post above. How do you know that the tests will be rigged? How do you know that the people who have volunteered to test these are biased?

Is this simply jumping to conclusions about those involved? Do you have evidence or some proof to back this up? Some important reason? Please let us know.

Old 1st September 2010, 11:39 PM   #225
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panomaniac View Post
I have to say "ditto" to Salas' post above. How do you know that the tests will be rigged? How do you know that the people who have volunteered to test these are biased?

Is this simply jumping to conclusions about those involved? Do you have evidence or some proof to back this up? Some important reason? Please let us know.
Ah! But you see, he read it on the internet!

In other words, personal anecdotes are HS and not evidence of anything. But you know that.

Old 2nd September 2010, 12:00 AM   #226
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panomaniac View Post

Perhaps I spoke with hyperbole. Perhaps I am wrong and that person can be trusted. I have not noticed any impartiality by that person in other threads here. Only a deep, closed, and ignorant attitude on this subject. I say, why take the chance of having the results questioned because of the attitude of he/she conducting the test.

Even if that person performs splendidly in retrospect does it mean it was wise to give that person the keys to the kingdom. It is no different to the justice system in which jurors are chosen based on their impartiality. Everyone knows that even the most well respected member in the community will be excused from the jury if he/she is intimately connected with the defendant.
In this case the defendant would be Bybee's device and the underlying principle it is proposed to work on, namely, non-locality and high temperature super-conductivity.

This jury system is an example of USA law. I don't know about how it works elsewhere. Is this a confusing idea to anyone here? And please do not manipulate the response so that only the case of hyperbole is concentrated on. I have seen how that goes and is a diversion from what I'm talking about here, which is the real essential point.

Old 2nd September 2010, 12:15 AM   #227
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Do you realize that there will be 2 technical runs and 2 panel DBT runs by 3 main operators in 3 different places in America?

Old 2nd September 2010, 12:30 AM   #228
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Do you realize that there will be 2 technical runs and 2 panel DBT runs by 3 main operators in 3 different places in America?
Very good. I'm feeling better. I still don't see why someone who is known to have a strong opinion on the subject is involved with it. (That is, if he still is - I'm out of the loop on what's being decided.) I would never consider myself for such a position because of that reason. It just seems like a no-brainer and it would seem like it would be a no-brainer for that person also.

I'm sure someone will catch this. I did offer myself to help with the listening test. But it was only to try to balance out what I perceived as a one-sided administation of it. Its always better to try to get as close to all neutral people as you can find rather getting an extreme and then balance it by the opposite extreme, which was me.

Last edited by exeric; 2nd September 2010 at 12:36 AM.

Old 2nd September 2010, 12:36 AM   #229
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Name the person and direct him the question. I can't answer that.

Old 2nd September 2010, 12:40 AM   #230
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

I have a strong opinion and I am very involved in it.

Those things better make a difference and I'm likely to skew the tests as much as necessary to ensure they do.

If they don't, I am going to film what happens to them.

Maybe I better be the last to "test" them.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!