Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis - Page 150 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 17th February 2011, 06:11 AM   #1491
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pano View Post
Shouldn't someone notice something in the measurements?
Which measurements? Velocities of electrons?

Old 17th February 2011, 07:12 AM   #1492
diyAudio Member

no, the measurements that work for analysis of all other known physics stuff.

Must be time for another round up so here goes:

A Bybee device has been measured for some standard electrical and physical properties using simple and repeatable protocols that were designed to assess whether the device was what it claimed to be and did what it claimed to do, or did anything different to a control device.

It isn't entirely what was claimed physically, and it does do anything different from a control device (a standard resistor) to a reasonable level of confidence (-125db if I recall)

Since then, no-one has reproduced the tests and found differently.

Since then various claims and theories have been put forward ranging from ultra-low frequency to ultra-high frequency effects, temperature and a range of esoteric physical to subatomic effects.

Some have postulated a currently unmeasureable and unidentifed property.

To date, no data has been provided on listening tests either here or in the sibling thread set up for that purpose. Hence it is impossible to confirm or deny the device actually makes an audible difference that is identifiable and repeatable.

Draw your own conclusions.

Old 17th February 2011, 08:37 AM   #1493
diyAudio Member

Default Draw Some More Conclusions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkash10 View Post
To date, no data has been provided on listening tests either here or in the sibling thread set up for that purpose. Hence it is impossible to confirm or deny the device actually makes an audible difference that is identifiable and repeatable.
The QP's belonging to a third party were sent by non registered mail (irresponsible in my view) to an international destination ...so we are told, and they have not arrived yet, so we are told.
Whilst in the hands of the objective tester, subjective testing was conducted but no subjective findings were ventured.
The last time I stated these facts recently, my post was deleted.

Eric.

Old 17th February 2011, 08:44 AM   #1494
jkeny is offline jkeny  Ireland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
Ya think?

It's performance art, it really is. I have to doff my hat to the master.
No more performance art than your display of "measurements" of attributes which were not even claimed for the device "electron velocity"
That is high praise indeed, coming as it does from a master of performance art such as yourself

Last edited by jkeny; 17th February 2011 at 08:48 AM.

Old 17th February 2011, 10:13 AM   #1495
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sq225917
Is that sour grapes I can smell from someone who wasn't allowed to use the forum for commercial purposes.

Old 17th February 2011, 11:02 AM   #1496
jkeny is offline jkeny  Ireland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
Is that sour grapes I can smell from someone who wasn't allowed to use the forum for commercial purposes.
No, it's a discussion of SY's "measurements & analysis" as per the thread topic so try to stop OT posts, please.

Old 17th February 2011, 12:31 PM   #1497
marce is online now marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Again, I ask this question:
Why is the Bybee QP only available in audio circles, Why if it is so good at reducing noise isn't it readily available for general use!
Why.

Old 17th February 2011, 12:37 PM   #1498
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
This goes a long way back. I am afraid that the participants here - whatever their stated stance in this matter - have from the outset taken a view, negative, positive, or, apparently, up close and personal, which cannot but colour their present day approach.

Further, in the 9 years since this link

(Info on Bybee Quantum Purifiers needed), the thread in which the link appears is worth a quick scan.

was posted individual's accuracy of hearing has undoubtedly deteriorated - . In the same period measuring techniques and equipment have improved. Yet here we are again, saying the same things as ever. And now we are expected to accept that a cheap resistor substitute will produce the same measured results as the 'specified' resistor. This may well be akin to saying that if we need to check out the claims made for a Bentley car then we can use a Ford as an adequate lab. substitution. [They are both automobiles, right?] Does a cheap carbon resistor measure identically - in all measurable aspects - to a highest quality certified resistor?

What has happened to fdegrove? I miss his well mannered and usually positive posts.

Old 17th February 2011, 01:01 PM   #1499
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianco View Post
Does a cheap carbon resistor measure identically - in all measurable aspects - to a highest quality certified resistor?
No, it doesn't. But there's no mention of cheap carbon resistors here. The reference resistor used is a metal foil.

Old 17th February 2011, 02:32 PM   #1500
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfeedback View Post
The last time I stated these facts recently, my post was deleted.
Perhaps because it has NOTHING to do with "Measurement and Analysis"?

@abraxalito: It would be grand to see changes to the velocity of electrons, but what does that translate into in sonic terms? Would it change the pitch? (I'm only half kidding).

The awards and testimonials for the Bybee are remarkable. Why has nothing been shown in measurements? If I claim that capacitor X sounds different from capacitor Y, then I can back that up with measurements. Ditto, power supplies, OPTs and other stuff. It's not so mysterious. John Curl did cap measurements decades ago.

So why nothing like that for the Bybee? If it affects the signal enough to be heard by so many, why does that change not appear in measurements?

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!