Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis - Page 149 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 16th February 2011, 11:39 PM   #1481
jkeny is offline jkeny  Ireland
Banned

No reading needed - there was no answer!

Old 16th February 2011, 11:44 PM   #1482
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
With steel leads (rather than the claimed copper), it would be expected to be noticeably inductive at very high (hundreds of megahertz) frequencies, just like any other component with steel leads.
Why would this be? Got a cite for the increase in inductance at high frequencies? Perhaps Mr Neutron would be able to chime in about internal vs external inductances but as far as I can see, the internal inductance tends towards zero as the frequency climbs.

Old 17th February 2011, 01:16 AM   #1483
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeny View Post
Just for the record - what was the answer? AFAIR you had devised a "very clever" way of testing for "electron velocity". So what had this to do with the claims??
I never saw this and can venture to say that SY never intended to measure "electron velocity". If one makes up absurd enough physics there is no way to devise a test. If that is the goal this exercise is a waste of time.

Old 17th February 2011, 01:21 AM   #1484
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
I never saw this and can venture to say that SY never intended to measure "electron velocity". If one makes up absurd enough physics there is no way to devise a test. If that is the goal this exercise is a waste of time.
Actually, I did. Used the deflection of an oscilloscope beam as a crude detector. Agree on the last.

Old 17th February 2011, 01:26 AM   #1485
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
Quote:
If one makes up absurd enough physics there is no way to devise a test. If that is the goal this exercise is a waste of time.
SY did devise a test though. And the point here is SY's claim that he tested the claims made for the device. That claim does not hold up because he invented 'electron velocity' all by himself. Its found nowhere that I can see in Bybee's claims - they speak of 'signal velocity'.

Old 17th February 2011, 01:29 AM   #1486
diyAudio Member

SY did say that somewhere in this morass of mushy mindlessness. I believe he laid to rest any potential extraordinary claims; at least he put up some results with details, more than any of the fanboys of Bybee Devices...

John L.

Old 17th February 2011, 02:20 AM   #1487
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
Actually, I did. Used the deflection of an oscilloscope beam as a crude detector. Agree on the last.
OK, this is getting very confusing with terms like Fermi velocity and Cooper pairs getting thrown in at random just to obfuscate things.

Old 17th February 2011, 02:27 AM   #1488
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Strange. I don't understand why this is so hard. If the Bybee actually does make this great improvement to the signal, shouldn't that be easily detectable by measurement?
From the reviews and testimonials, the audible results don't seem subtle. Shouldn't someone notice something in the measurements?

The Bybee is an electrical device, not acoustic. It has to have some sort of electrical effect to do what is claimed.

Old 17th February 2011, 02:32 AM   #1489
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
OK, this is getting very confusing with terms like Fermi velocity and Cooper pairs getting thrown in at random just to obfuscate things.
Ya think?

It's performance art, it really is. I have to doff my hat to the master.

Old 17th February 2011, 02:46 AM   #1490
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
obfuscate
Word of the day.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!