Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 31st August 2010, 11:35 AM   #91
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

If possible I would like to see what effect the device has on higher frequency noise as well as audible range, say 10 to 100Mhz superimposed on some signals if at all possible.
My reason is to see how much effect they have on audio signals where digital noise may be present, be it fom a SMPS or other digital source.

Old 31st August 2010, 12:49 PM   #92
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Someone else will have to do all but the crudest RF measurements. But the waveforms that John Curl posted were much lower frequency than that. That's where I'm concentrating- if there's an effect from RF that's audible, it will show up in the audible and (controversially) ultrasonic frequencies.

If a hundred dollar gizmo has no more or different effect on power supply and analog signal than a 2 cent bead (or for that matter, a 10 cent resistor) placed in the same spot, I think anyone who's not terminally gullible will have to draw the obvious conclusion.

Old 31st August 2010, 01:26 PM   #93
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
Someone else will have to do all but the crudest RF measurements. But the waveforms that John Curl posted were much lower frequency than that. That's where I'm concentrating- if there's an effect from RF that's audible, it will show up in the audible and (controversially) ultrasonic frequencies.

If a hundred dollar gizmo has no more or different effect on power supply and analog signal than a 2 cent bead (or for that matter, a 10 cent resistor) placed in the same spot, I think anyone who's not terminally gullible will have to draw the obvious conclusion.
If on the other hand there IS a significant effect, Jack Bybee will need to give away half his fortune to become a member of that club.

jd

Old 31st August 2010, 02:12 PM   #94
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Eddy View Post
big in bikinis
I'm game for the Bye Bee W fivesome experiment.
How many silver purifiers for that, you reckon ?

Old 31st August 2010, 02:33 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

You'll need an answer for when they claim they weren't burnt in properly.

How about just putting a 1k resistor in series and look for 4nV/rt-Hz, it's supposed to remove the noise right?

Old 31st August 2010, 03:06 PM   #96
diyAudio Moderator

Scott, excellent idea! Not far off from my simulated cartridge concept, minus the inductor.

Old 31st August 2010, 03:24 PM   #97
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacco vermeulen View Post
I'm game for the Bye Bee W fivesome experiment.
How many silver purifiers for that, you reckon ?
I don't think all the voodoo in the world would keep that experience from haunting your dreams.

se

Old 31st August 2010, 03:38 PM   #98
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
How about just putting a 1k resistor in series and look for 4nV/rt-Hz, it's supposed to remove the noise right?
This may prove fruitless. From the Bybee site:
"this quantum purification technology has proven that eliminating sub-audible noise—i.e., noise unmeasurable by typical test-bench instruments--"

So it is already claimed that would should not be able to measure it. At least with "typical" equipment.

However, this is an electrical device that is inserted in series. It may be used on AC lines:
"The simplest AC modification is to primary power: Place the purifiers between the AC input -- typically an IEC socket -- and the transformer input. For best results the recommended procedure is to put a purifier on both the hot and the neutral leg;"

Or it may be placed in the line level signal path:
"For optimum performance improvement with RCA jacks, connect a purifier at (or as close as physically possible to) the positive terminal of the jack, and a second purifier on the return leg. Treating only the positive leg will also enhance performance, but to a lesser degree."

They can also be used on speaker lines, near the driver:
"To modify dynamic loudspeakers, the best possible results are obtained by connecting a purifier at both the positive and negative terminals of each driver."

From the above statements we can clearly see that the device is meant to work in series with the current flow. A purifier on each both wires leading to the device is best.
I really don't know how we can measure this "sub-audible noise." But listening tests, or viewing tests on video are supposed to reveal important improvements.

Old 31st August 2010, 03:39 PM   #99
diyAudio Moderator

And yet JC presented measurements supposedly originating with Bybee which show gross, easy-to-measure changes. Heads, I win, tails, you lose?

Old 31st August 2010, 03:50 PM   #100
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Mickey Mouzilla.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MMilla.jpg (60.1 KB, 322 views)

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!