Hong Kong/Shenzhen audio and diy shopping?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Must visit, hmm...

Ap liu street in Sham Shui Po is somewhat a famous one, however the street stalls sell mostly cheap china manufacture stuff these days. A lot of examples of this can be found on dealextreme for comparable prices.

The good stuff is in the shops, all sorts of electronics and tools to be found there. Welfare Electronic Components is a more famous one and has quite a variety of stuff to look at, though my usual shopping list there is just odds and ends (pots, connectors etc)

The semiconductors available are usually just commodity items.

Also check out the audio mall in mong kok, it's on one of the streets between ladies' st (real name Tung choi St) and Sai Yeung Choi Street South (this is actually the main mall area in mong kok)

There's an electronics megacentre that I've heard good things about in Shenzen that's quite near one of the guangzhou metro stations, but I personally have never been there.

I know of a few other places, but those are probably the most accessible. Some of them really aren't touristy

One tip I have for people on a self-tour shopping trip is that the stores in hong kong don't really open until 10-11am. There's no point for tourists to travel before 9am (which is good, because it's f*** congested everywhere before 9am)

Last edited:
Shopping Shenzhen

Go to Shenzhen, Hua Chiang bay, enough electronics/electrical shops, computers diy, audio shops etc etc etc... to keep you busy for a few days. You seen nothing like it ;-)

If you can imagine it its there.

Its a couple of city blocks packed solid - get off at Hua Chiang Lu metro, take exit A, follow the masses of people.

;-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.